What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:02 pm

I saw Chappelle's Block Party Friday night, it was just ok, in fact I didn't really like it that much. It wasn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be.

6.5/10.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:04 pm

Watched the classic Cool Hand Luke on The History Channel today...Always entertaining to watch....so much religious and political symbolism in it....I most definitely recommend...8.5/10 ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby UTLonghorns » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:30 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
josebach wrote:Just got finished watching The Hills Have Eyes. I never saw the original, but I really liked this one. It was hardcore, scary and very violent... everything a horror movie should be. I don't want to build it up too much, because I don't want anybody to raise their expectations too high, but it was the best horror movie I've seen since 28 Days Later. The violence was very realistic and not over the top which to me makes it a lot scarier. They also did a great job on the make-up and as far as I could tell, there was no CGI used. I definitely recommend horror buffs to check this one out.

9/10

ive seen commercials for that. it looks like a hard core horror flick. not really in my interest. im a wuss :-b

saw most of eurotrip today. hilarious movie.

"theyve elected a new pope!"

pope: "what the hell?"

Give me the beef, this movie is hilarious.

"Its like a sausage beach!?!"
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:52 am

I just watched The Hills Have Eyes.

I'd say 8/10...very intense and gory film. It keeps you on the edge of your seat for sure. But what else is new, the ending was retarded.

Oh yeah, that young blonde chick is very hot ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:03 am

I just rounded out my weekend of movie rentals with Saw II :-t :-t :-t . That movie blew chunks. They tried to make this whole drama plot out of it and totally took away the gore aspect of it.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:16 am

cardiac cats wrote:I just watched The Hills Have Eyes.

I'd say 8/10...very intense and gory film. It keeps you on the edge of your seat for sure. But what else is new, the ending was retarded.

Oh yeah, that young blonde chick is very hot ;-D

I didn't mind the ending. I thought it worked well.

I agree, that blonde chick from "Lost" is hot. ;-D

I'm hoping "the others" will develop a need not only for the baby but for the baby's mother's clothes as well. :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dadd » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:44 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I just rounded out my weekend of movie rentals with Saw II :-t :-t :-t . That movie blew chunks. They tried to make this whole drama plot out of it and totally took away the gore aspect of it.

I liked the first Saw, so I was disappointed by the second one. It seemed they had too many characters to keep track of. They plot twist at the end was cool, but the rest of the time they reasoning was really shaky.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:56 pm

hills have eyes = a story about sissy liberal hippies finally taking a stand and killing everything in site..moral of the story = if the gov't tells you to do something (in this case, leave your mining town b/c we're about to blow it away with nuclear bombs), listen to them and do it

cool gore..although, i hate when scary movies have that very last scene that leaves it open for a sequel..

8/10
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:59 am

Saw another Hitchcock flick North By Northwest...kind if a cross between The Game and The Fugitive. I think the funniest scene is when Cary Grant is driving drunk after the bad guys supposedly poured a bottle of scotch into him. I was surprised to see a young Martin Landau playing a bad guy too.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:03 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Saw another Hitchcock flick North By Northwest...kind if a cross between The Game and The Fugitive. I think the funniest scene is when Cary Grant is driving drunk after the bad guys supposedly poured a bottle of scotch into him. I was surprised to see a young Martin Landau playing a bad guy too.

Finally somebody makes a post about a good movie! Everybody's giving 8's and 9's to movies that will be forgotten in two years. North by Northwest kicks all of their butts. So many twists, and yes, the drunk driving scene is awesome.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk