What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:47 am

History of Violence... sucked, methinks.

I'd give more of an explanation to the inquiring minds, but I've got some stuff on the TiVo that won't watch itself, y'know.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:49 am

Canacuna wrote:History of Violence... sucked, methinks.

I'd give more of an explanation to the inquiring minds, but I've got some stuff on the TiVo that won't watch itself, y'know.

I just watched it again and I didn't like it nearly as much the second time. For whatever reason, the first time I watched it I didn't notice how bad the dialogue was. It was almost as if they ad-libbed the entire movie. This is one I'm sorry I bought.

My revised rating:

7/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:22 am

moonhead wrote:point break

wow. this was before keanu reeves could pass for an actor. lori petty still sucks. gary busey is ridiculous. and patrick swayze is good. i don't believe i just said that. but seriously, these bozos make swayze look good. but how hard can it be to play a surfer/bank robber?

this whole movie was preposterous. terrible plot, terrible acting, and terrible research on law enforcement procedures. but it did keep me entertained for 1.5 hours or so.

5.5/10

Was this the first time you've seen Pointbreak? Did you see it on network or w/out comercials?
I like the movie, it's original and that gary busey is so dreamy 8-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:23 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw Equilibrium for the first time. I must say, it's one of the finer science fiction movies I've seen in some time. Tremendous action sequences, strong acting from Christian Bale and Emily Watson and a very interesting plot. I dare say, I liked it almost as much as I liked the Matrix when I first saw it back in '99. I'm sure with more viewing, I'll end up liking it even more. It's a bit slow in some parts, but the action scenes sparkle. I'm sure my rating will climb after a second viewing, but I'd give it an 8/10

I really like that movie. I think I reviewed it earlier.

There's a few things in V for Vendetta that reminded me of Equilibrium...like the underground preservation of art/classical music, the figurehead on tv monitors, the entire dystopian society, brainwashing, etc. Obviously, they both remind me of 1984...but I like them all.

If you liked Equilibrium, you should like V for Vendetta.

Off-Topic: Did anyone see the trailer for Silent Hill before V for Vendetta? That movie looks f'ed up! I know it's based on the videogames, but I haven't played them...so I'm in the dark. Can't wait to see that...and Mission Impossible III.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:38 am

Dirt Bag wrote:Saw Brothers Grimm tonight...it was suprisingly good...i had no idea what it would be about...highly recommended for everyone!

10/10

really, i'm a big Terry Gilliam fan, but i heard this movie was really bad. guess i'll hope to catch it on cable
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dirt Bag » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:54 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:Saw Brothers Grimm tonight...it was suprisingly good...i had no idea what it would be about...highly recommended for everyone!

10/10

really, i'm a big Terry Gilliam fan, but i heard this movie was really bad. guess i'll hope to catch it on cable

Yeah i guess it would be hard to understand and if you didnt understand it the movie would be absolutely horrible....the worst part was the french accents those got annoying haha
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:22 am

Dirt Bag wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

10/10

Yeah i guess it would be hard to understand and if you didnt understand it the movie would be absolutely horrible....the worst part was the french accents those got annoying haha

I thought Brothers Grimm was pretty bad. By far the best part of that movie was the set design. Other than that, the story was extremely boring and the CGI monsters were horrible.

6.5/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby moonhead » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:48 am

Redskins Win wrote:
moonhead wrote:point break

wow. this was before keanu reeves could pass for an actor. lori petty still sucks. gary busey is ridiculous. and patrick swayze is good. i don't believe i just said that. but seriously, these bozos make swayze look good. but how hard can it be to play a surfer/bank robber?

this whole movie was preposterous. terrible plot, terrible acting, and terrible research on law enforcement procedures. but it did keep me entertained for 1.5 hours or so.

5.5/10

Was this the first time you've seen Pointbreak? Did you see it on network or w/out comercials?
I like the movie, it's original and that gary busey is so dreamy 8-o

nah, i had seen it before. but i was like 13 or something. and it was on one of the movie channels on my expanded cable. so no commercials, no editing.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby jayday » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:09 pm

Saw Deliverance the other night....

Wow, what a creepy movie...I don't even know what to say....Anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out though..
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:27 pm

jayday wrote:Saw Deliverance the other night....

Wow, what a creepy movie...I don't even know what to say....Anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out though..

I still have no idea how poor Ned Beatty got down that river. Squeal boy, squeal!!! :-/
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk