What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:40 pm

bagobonez wrote:The Hills Have Eyes I liked this movie quite a bit. It wasn't over the top in any way like some gory horror flicks can be. 7/10[/b]

so you didnt find it pretty gory when they basically drag out the part where they just watch the (spoiler) alive???
and when the old man at the gas station (spoiler) and they dont flip away from it like in most scary movies ???
not to mention the dragging of dead corpses all over the place and what not??

about the only things ive seen close to it are hostel and house of 1,000 corpses....
texas chainsaw and all the other slasher movies dont even compare in gooriness
Last edited by louisianacajunsam on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:49 pm

logan wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:Image

Shichinin no samurai (1954) 10/10

Excellent movie. A must see in my book.

fantastic movie. i agree it is a must see.
This movie does kick ass! Ill have t owatch it again.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:26 pm

i thought last samurai was pretty good...

was it at all some kind of remake of seven samurai????
or is seven samurai way different???

was this one much better than last samurai??
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moonhead » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:00 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:i thought last samurai was pretty good...

was it at all some kind of remake of seven samurai????
or is seven samurai way different???

was this one much better than last samurai??

magnificent seven and seven samurai.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:04 pm

Saw The Aviator...not too bad...typical Scorcese flick, especially the ending. I wonder if Hughes was really that eccentric and obsessive compulsive or if it was dramatized. I can see why Kate Blanchett won an Oscar, but I didn't know Katherine Hepburn was so annoying! I'm not a huge DiCaprio fan, but that guy can act...and these days, if Scorcese is making a movie, you're gonna find Leo in the lead role.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:53 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Saw The Aviator...not too bad...typical Scorcese flick, especially the ending. I wonder if Hughes was really that eccentric and obsessive compulsive or if it was dramatized. I can see why Kate Blanchett won an Oscar, but I didn't know Katherine Hepburn was so annoying! I'm not a huge DiCaprio fan, but that guy can act...and these days, if Scorcese is making a movie, you're gonna find Leo in the lead role.

i'm pretty sure he was that nutty, the Simpsons did an episode with Mr. Burns going all Howard Hughes.

Hop in Smithers, we'll take the Spruce Moose
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:54 pm

cardiac cats wrote:saw V for Vendetta.... I give it 8/10. Like some have said, not as much action as I thought there would be; no biggie. And the ending was great, it literally gave me goosebumps ;-D

finally saw it, 8/10 from me too...and that final knife fight gave me the chills as well
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:33 pm

Yeah, I saw V for Vendetta last night, I also liked it a lot. there were a few parts that didnt make a whole lot of sense, but overall it was pretty cool.

Now I want to see "Thank you for Smoking," Ive ehard some good things about that.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:03 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:
bagobonez wrote:The Hills Have Eyes I liked this movie quite a bit. It wasn't over the top in any way like some gory horror flicks can be. 7/10[/b]

so you didnt find it pretty gory when they basically drag out the part where they just watch the dad getting burned alive???
and when the old man at the gas station blows his head off and they dont flip away from it like in most scary movies (show missing head and all)????
not to mention the dragging of dead corpses all over the place and what not??

about the only things ive seen close to it are hostel and house of 1,000 corpses....
texas chainsaw and all the other slasher movies dont even compare in gooriness

Let me clarify... it wasn't over the top as far as being cheesy goes. By the way, you may want to edit your post and take out the spoilers. If anyone hasn't seen the movie yet and reads those spoilers they're not going to be too happy.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:02 am

I watched Basketball Diaries last night. It was recommended and I was pretty pumped to watch it.

I liked it on the whole, and if I had ever been considering trying any hard drugs it would've definitely scared me off them.
DiCaprio was good in it and the movie had a good message, plus it was based on a true story which I think makes a movie like this better.

8/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk