What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am

I watched Shark Tale, and Wedding Date yesterday.

Both were awful. :-t

Shark Tale was probably a little better, but not much..
Wedding Date was so slow and not funny.

I would give both a 3 or 4 out of 10, tops.

(The wife won't be picking out movies for awhile after those selections). :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:04 am

I just got back from my usual Sunday movie and I saw Inside Man. I have mixed feelings on this film. First off, it wasn't what I expected in terms of action content. Without giving away anything, I would classify this is a slick, well-written out suspense thriller with some very good acting by some very big time actors. But personally, I throught this movie dragged out way too much. It tried a little too hard to keep it goin with this humor which was very lame at some parts. I guess I was expecting more of a action type movie when I went into the theater. But this movie was a suspense/thinker. Which is normally cool but after being hungover today, I wasn't in the mood to think much..lol.. So overall, I'd give it a 7/10.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:11 am

J2thez929 wrote:I just got back from my usual Sunday movie and I saw Inside Man. I have mixed feelings on this film. First off, it wasn't what I expected in terms of action content. Without giving away anything, I would classify this is a slick, well-written out suspense thriller with some very good acting by some very big time actors. But personally, I throught this movie dragged out way too much. It tried a little too hard to keep it goin with this humor which was very lame at some parts. I guess I was expecting more of a action type movie when I went into the theater. But this movie was a suspense/thinker. Which is normally cool but after being hungover today, I wasn't in the mood to think much..lol.. So overall, I'd give it a 7/10.
What I got out of this was not a action packed film, good suspense, but don't see hungover. Thank you very much cause that will make this movie more enjoyable for me, which is what I want. Because it looks sweet! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:20 am

Tiki wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:I just got back from my usual Sunday movie and I saw Inside Man. I have mixed feelings on this film. First off, it wasn't what I expected in terms of action content. Without giving away anything, I would classify this is a slick, well-written out suspense thriller with some very good acting by some very big time actors. But personally, I throught this movie dragged out way too much. It tried a little too hard to keep it goin with this humor which was very lame at some parts. I guess I was expecting more of a action type movie when I went into the theater. But this movie was a suspense/thinker. Which is normally cool but after being hungover today, I wasn't in the mood to think much..lol.. So overall, I'd give it a 7/10.
What I got out of this was not a action packed film, good suspense, but don't see hungover. Thank you very much cause that will make this movie more enjoyable for me, which is what I want. Because it looks sweet! ;-D

i'll give it a 10/10 as far as acting goes. everyone was superb with the obvious accolades going to dezell and clive owen. both were fantastic. i really don't care for jodie foster but she was ok. dafoe was dafoe. not much more you can say about him as he is always good no matter what role.also special mention goes to the "annoying woman on the phone" and the female robber who brought the considerable "assets" to the film. (when you see it you wll know what i'm talking about)

movie wise i'll give it an 8/10. i agee with j2thez as it did seem to drag in parts. spike kept the social commentary to a minimum which was nice and didn't detract from the movie. i did guess what castor had done very early. don't know why just sort of popped into my head. some very nice twists and enjoyable throughout.

overall a 9/10 good suspense movie.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby bklik » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:35 am

Saw City of God a couple nights ago. It ended up being on encore, and flipping thru channels while drinking we found it and watched it. Not a good drinking movie, but an amazing movie nonetheless. Its about the drug trade in a small African(?) town. All subtitles. Definitly worth a watch, as I think IMDB has it in their top 25 as well.

9/10
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CC » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:15 pm

bklik wrote:Saw City of God a couple nights ago. It ended up being on encore, and flipping thru channels while drinking we found it and watched it. Not a good drinking movie, but an amazing movie nonetheless. Its about the drug trade in a small African(?) town. All subtitles. Definitly worth a watch, as I think IMDB has it in their top 25 as well.

9/10

Amazing movie, but you are right, definitely not a drinking movie.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:35 pm

bklik wrote:Saw City of God a couple nights ago. It ended up being on encore, and flipping thru channels while drinking we found it and watched it. Not a good drinking movie, but an amazing movie nonetheless. Its about the drug trade in a small African(?) town. All subtitles. Definitly worth a watch, as I think IMDB has it in their top 25 as well.

9/10

it's in the slums of Rio in Brazil...but yeah, awesome movie, 10/10. really felt like i was watching a documentary and not a movie. pretty sure it's based on a true character
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:54 pm

subtitles..... :-t

voiceovers.... ;-D
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moonhead » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:00 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:subtitles..... :-t

voiceovers.... ;-D

:-t
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby CC » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:32 pm

Subtitles don't even bother me, I am a very fast reader and I don't even notice them after a while. I find dubbed movies to be irritating and dumb.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk