What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:26 pm

The_Captain wrote:I watched Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

Doggone funny movie - best scene is the chicks in the bathroom playing "Battlesh*ts".[b]

I'd give it a [b]7/10
Eww.... :-o :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:32 pm

Tiki wrote:

Doggone funny movie - best scene is the chicks in the bathroom playing "Battlesh*ts".[b]

I'd give it a [b]7/10

It's right up your alley Tiki, it's about two stoners with the muchies headed for White Castle. The chick scene has that ICK appeal but it's freaking hilarious.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:09 pm

I saw Inside Man on a couple of days ago. I thought it was a good movie, but maybe because I expected so much I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't quite as dramatic and thrilling as I expected it to be, and it was more of a thinking movie than anything. I still liked it, just wasn't thrilled.

7.5/10
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Tiki » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 pm

The_Captain wrote:
Tiki wrote:

I'd give it a [b]7/10

It's right up your alley Tiki, it's about two stoners with the muchies headed for White Castle. The chick scene has that ICK appeal but it's freaking hilarious.
Don't worry I've seen it! I like the Cheetah part. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:48 am

harold and kumar...

two thumbs up from cajun and sam.. ;-D ;-D
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:40 am

Tiki wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
Tiki wrote:

I'd give it a [b]7/10

Don't worry I've seen it! I like the Cheetah part. ;-D

The scene with NPH snorting coke off the strippers a$$ was hilarious!

Those "Extreme" guys were pretty frickin' funny too!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:57 am

50 Cent: Get Rich or Dye Tryin'

I don't really care for 50's music after Power of the Dollar and Guess Who's Back apart from the odd song, but this movie was surprisingly good. It wasn't great cinema, but it was entertaining and kept my attention for the entire two hours. Barely any of it was about music, it was mostly about slanging crack.

7/10.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:16 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:History of Violence think i missed the origonal discussion on this, but at only 1.5 hours it moved fast enough to entertain me and had some cool violence scenes...but i could do without sex scenes between Maria Bello and Viggo. they just both look too scuzzy

7.5/10

I agree with the comment about the sex scenes...more puzzling than anything else...did they really need to show that? It was cool to see William Hurt and Ed Harris in bad-guy roles though. Good storyline, and some pretty graphic scenes, but some little details were missing that I thought would have tied it together more.

We were trying to figure out who would win in a fight between Jack Bauer from "24" and Viggo's character in this movie? I say a bloody, nose breaking, throat crushing tie.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:02 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:History of Violence think i missed the origonal discussion on this, but at only 1.5 hours it moved fast enough to entertain me and had some cool violence scenes...but i could do without sex scenes between Maria Bello and Viggo. they just both look too scuzzy

7.5/10

I agree with the comment about the sex scenes...more puzzling than anything else...did they really need to show that? It was cool to see William Hurt and Ed Harris in bad-guy roles though. Good storyline, and some pretty graphic scenes, but some little details were missing that I thought would have tied it together more.

We were trying to figure out who would win in a fight between Jack Bauer from "24" and Viggo's character in this movie? I say a bloody, nose breaking, throat crushing tie.

i'd vote for Viggo...he was bad@$$
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CHE » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:42 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:50 Cent: Get Rich or Dye Tryin'

I don't really care for 50's music after Power of the Dollar and Guess Who's Back apart from the odd song, but this movie was surprisingly good. It wasn't great cinema, but it was entertaining and kept my attention for the entire two hours. Barely any of it was about music, it was mostly about slanging crack.

7/10.

That was a horrible movie, I cant stand watching 50 cent act. :-t

Mumbles too much.

When he was playing a HS kid, that was so funny also, hes like 30 yrs old, on roids, playing a 17 year old kid. :-b
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk