What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:22 pm

CHE wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:50 Cent: Get Rich or Dye Tryin'

I don't really care for 50's music after Power of the Dollar and Guess Who's Back apart from the odd song, but this movie was surprisingly good. It wasn't great cinema, but it was entertaining and kept my attention for the entire two hours. Barely any of it was about music, it was mostly about slanging crack.

7/10.

That was a horrible movie, I cant stand watching 50 cent act. :-t

Mumbles too much.

When he was playing a HS kid, that was so funny also, hes like 30 yrs old, on roids, playing a 17 year old kid. :-b

I didn't mind it at all, it wasn't good acting by any stretch of the imagination but I would say it was more entertaining than say, A History of Violence.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:53 am

I already said it before, but I thought History of Violence sucked.

Anyway, saw Inside Man tonight. Good stuff. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Canacuna » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:33 am

Watched Outlaw Josey Wales. I dug it.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby logan » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:43 am

stay alive-now i entertained no thoughts of greatness going to see this,and it certainly was not my idea, but as far as horror movies go-no blood or violence=worst attempt at a horror movie ever.bad story worse acting. bleccghgh

1/10 stay away.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby The_Dude » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:10 am

couple of new ones...

I've recently seen:

Thank You for Smoking - its satire, sans message, done right. I laughed, I laughed, and I laughed some more. 8/10, although I could see this one becoming better and better as you watch it more times.

Find Me Guilty - worth seeing just for the wow factor. It turns out when he's not playing a babbysitting marine or a guy who blows stuff up, Vin Diesel can actually act. Who knew? Certainly not I, President of the I-hate-Vin-Diesel fan club. Diesel plays a mob guy who defends himself in a famous 80s trial --- most of the dialogue is taken directly from the court transcript. The film is not without some flaws, but definitely was enjoyable. 7/10

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby CC » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:18 am

Good job bringing this back up, I have seen 3 movies recently.

Inside Man - This movie was awesome. The acting was top notch and the story was pretty good. It had some decent twists and a good ending. I will probably end up watching this again.

9/10

Derailed - As per the usual, Clive Owen was good in this, he is a damn good actor, one of my favorites. The rest of the acting was pretty good and the story was relatively entertaining with a nice twist. A pretty solid way to waste an afternoon.

7.5/10

Sideways - Obviously this is not targeted to my age demographic, and while I thought it was pretty funny and a decent movie overall, I don't think it lived up to the hype.

7/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:40 pm

On Friday afternoon, caught Hero: not bad, although the ending kinda sucked. I loved the visuals and the special effects. I missed some of the beginning so I couldn't figure out why the same guy was killed like 10 different times. I give it a 7.5/10...I'm definitely going to watch it again though.

Also caught White Noise : interesting ending, but pretty good overall. I just kept thinking how old Michael Keaton looked.
5/10

Watching The Machinist tonight so I'll let you know how that is. I'm a huge Christian Bale fan (Empire of the Sun and American Psycho are awesome), but I heard he had to lose tons of weight for this role...bleeech.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:32 pm

footballchick23 wrote:On Friday afternoon, caught Hero: not bad, although the ending kinda sucked. I loved the visuals and the special effects. I missed some of the beginning so I couldn't figure out why the same guy was killed like 10 different times. I give it a 7.5/10...I'm definitely going to watch it again though.

Yeah, I sort of got the sense watching Hero that I just wasn't cool enough to *get* it. But, the visuals were stunning and it was sort of fun to watch.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby UTLonghorns » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:04 pm

Watched Scream.

Cant get enough of it.

9/10

Scary Movie 4 looks funny with ole' Shaq
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:59 pm

Ok, so The Machinist was, um, interesting. I don't know how Christian Bale lost all that weight without being hospitalized. Similar to some other movies already out there where the end ties it all together, but fairly entertaining. I'd recommend it. 6.5/10
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk