What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:16 pm

The_Dude wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:On Friday afternoon, caught Hero: not bad, although the ending kinda sucked. I loved the visuals and the special effects. I missed some of the beginning so I couldn't figure out why the same guy was killed like 10 different times. I give it a 7.5/10...I'm definitely going to watch it again though.

Yeah, I sort of got the sense watching Hero that I just wasn't cool enough to *get* it. But, the visuals were stunning and it was sort of fun to watch.

I really like that movie, at least I did when I saw it. The movie is almost like a TV show in that it is split up into segments. The effects were stunning.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:36 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Ok, so The Machinist was, um, interesting. I don't know how Christian Bale lost all that weight without being hospitalized. Similar to some other movies already out there where the end ties it all together, but fairly entertaining. I'd recommend it. 6.5/10

yeah, he was pretty sick to look at, but i thought it was a pretty good film. i rated it quite a few threads back, think i gave it a 7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm

I went to the dollar show twice last week cause there isn't anything IMO worth seeing at the main theaters.

I saw Running Scared and Hostel which I both liked.

I give Running Scared 7/10 stars -- lots of action and I liked that many of the characters were given plenty of screen time. The story was a bit far-fetched but was good, tense action film nonetheless.

I really enjoyed Hostel, I give it 9/10 stars. This movie had it all -- naked women, humor, suspense, decent acting, violence and gore. One of the better horror movies I have seen in a while. ;-D ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:10 am

Watched Donnie Darko tonight. Loved it. Watched the Director's Cut though...anyone know if the it's way different than the original? As a child of the 80's, the soundtrack kicked a$$.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:39 pm

I am watching "Remember The Titans" right now. Man the only football movie that even comes close is "Rudy". The sports movies that are based on a real life situation are so much better than the ones that are made up.

Most of the sports movies that are true stories are not so much sports movies but movies about the human condition and overcoming adversity. That makes for a killer story that everyone likes.

Not using this as a blatant advetisment for a movie being filmed right now, but one that should rival the best of the sprots movies will be "We Are Marshall"

http://www.marshall.edu/movie/

Mathew McConehey (sp) Head Coach After crash
Mathew Fox Assistant coach befoe and after crash
Arlen Escarpeta QB Reggie Oliver
David Straitham Univercity President
Anthony Mackie Nate Ruffin Team captain (one of only a few upperclassmen left)
Kate Mara Head cheerleader
Kimberly Williams-Paisley McConehey's charictor's wife (country music star Brad Paisley's wife)

director McG (of Charlies Angels fame).

Sorry about the blatent advertisement for this movie, but I am a graduate of Marshall U that is the subject of this movie. a university that lost many sons, daughters, fathers and mothers in aplane crash in 1970.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:47 pm

I saw Thank You For Smoking yesterday night. I thought it was great. Loved the humor and the plot. I'm sure people who smoke will enjoy this movie more than people who don't.

9/10, a movie I would recommend to most people.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Canacuna » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:54 am

Saw Unforgiven for the first time the other night. I dug it a lot.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Watched Donnie Darko tonight. Loved it. Watched the Director's Cut though...anyone know if the it's way different than the original? As a child of the 80's, the soundtrack kicked a$$.

i havent seen the Directors Cut, but my friend has it and i think it helps try to explain things better

awesome movie though

i'm not afraid anymore!
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aussieboy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:44 am

Saw TSOTSI last night.

It won the Oscar for best Foreign Film.

Although the film was very predictable I thought it was still very good. I recommend it to those of you that are interested in watching a non Hollywood movie. Watch it if you liked City of God.

7/10
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:22 pm

watched wolf creek....

entertaining for a scare --- 8/10
the whole thing pretty much reminds me of various nightmares i've had throughout my life...stuck being chased by a psycho and just cant get away....

whats funny/aggrivating is how people once again like to say..man, that movies based on a true story...based on means nothing....the bulk of the scary scenes take place when the the only guy that makes it out alive is not around..in other words, the true story was never told...he gets tied up, gets away, and the 2 girls never show up again...all the dramatic torturing of the girls was never proven to really happen....but yes, entertaining
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk