What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:35 pm

Saw Thank You For Smoking last night. It's good.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:41 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I watched Basketball Diaries last night. It was recommended and I was pretty pumped to watch it.

I liked it on the whole, and if I had ever been considering trying any hard drugs it would've definitely scared me off them.
DiCaprio was good in it and the movie had a good message, plus it was based on a true story which I think makes a movie like this better.

8/10

I saw this movie about 3 days ago also, I had never heard of it which is suprising with actors like DiCaprio and Wallberg. The movie was good not the greatest drug addiction movie but it had some really good scenes like when he was crying begging his Mom for 5 dollars or whatever at the end was a powerful scene.

I'd say 7 out of 10
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:26 am

Sad but true, I'm 28 and Sicilian and I'd never seen The Godfather until this afternoon. The wife and I are doing the Netflix thing and I made The Godfather my first rental. All I can say is, I can't wait for Godfather II to arrive in a few days. The movie was absolute perfection. 10/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:58 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I saw Thank You For Smoking yesterday night. I thought it was great. Loved the humor and the plot. I'm sure people who smoke will enjoy this movie more than people who don't.

9/10, a movie I would recommend to most people.

Dont smoke, but I definately want to see this movie.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:19 am

My friend scored some free passes to see Silent Hill. I went in with low expectations since most video game movies are garbage. Suprisingly, Silent Hill was not bad at all. I give it 7/10 stars. If you have ever played the original Silent Hill game then the beginning of the movie will be very familiar to you. Later on into the movie, the plot branches out away from the video game (Big Schocker!)

What I liked most about the movie was the great score and stunning visuals. The movie makers did a great job capturing the Silent Hill look and feel. The movie does lack a bit of punch in the horror department and the story is a bit hard to follow. All in all it was a decent horror flick that could have been better but also could have been much worse than what it was.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:56 am

Hostel

Not as gross or as scary as I thought it was going to be. It was an okay movie. Those two girls were HOT!

I'm definitely going to have to see Silent Hill this weekend. I saw the trailer before V for Vendetta and it looked nuts. Never played the games, so I'll be going in blind.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:18 am

This week, we've watched Crash, Kicking & Screaming, and The Aviator.

Pretty good...Kicking and Screaming was pretty dumb but about what you'd expect.

Crash was just a train wreck it seemed. How everybody had something bad happen. Definitely kept my interest though. Great cast too.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:23 am

Watched Brokeback Mountain ...okay movie...I think it was really hyped up because of the "sensitive subject matter". The cinematography was awesome, but Ledger and Gyllenhall just weren't that convincing to me as the cowboy characters. Neither of them like they could even ride a horse for more than 10 seconds.

I agree with some former comments about the good "aging" effects. Overall, I'd say 6/10.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:53 pm

Just watched that Yours Mine and Ours movie. Another one that goes by the 'if it ain't 90 minutes, it sucks' rule.

I guess cute, but ugh. Good thing there was Bud Light.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:19 am

My personal favorite of the series. It really is a shame Burton didn't want to continue making the Batman movies after Returns. While I rather liked Batman Forever, it only goes downhill from anything Burton did in the first two. I won't even acknowledge the 4th installment.

9/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk