What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:43 pm

I'm SURE this has been discussed before, but I just caught 40 Year Old Virgin last night on PPV. I laughed so hard I cried probably four times. Absolutely hilarious movie.

I watched it with my sister-in-law while the wife was away scrapbooking for the night. Now all day today we've been walking up to each other saying, "You know how I know you're gay?"

Good stuff. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sat May 06, 2006 12:11 am

Just saw Inside Man and that was a sweet movie. About as good as any heist movie can get. 9/10
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Jimboozie » Sat May 06, 2006 5:22 am

Quick reviews of movies I have seen recently....

Waiting - 8/10 Funnier than I expected. Not nearly as good as Clerks but similar

Slither - 7/10 Funny, goofy horror movie. High level of cheesiness and gore.

Wolf Creek - 5/10 Been there, done that. While it was suspenseful, it was hard to give a crap what happened to the characters.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat May 06, 2006 2:14 pm

Just saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Very odd film to say the least. The acting performances in the film are really what carried it for me. It's also really cool to see Danny DeVito, Christopher Lloyd and Brad Dourif so early in their career. Jack Nicholson is always so much fun to watch, but seeing him play a "crazy" person is a blast. There's nobody who could possibly have played his role any better. The look in his eye, the crazy laugh, everything about him breathed into his character. My only knock on the movie is that it was a bit slow at times, but that's really nitpicking.

9/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sat May 06, 2006 2:25 pm

Canacuna wrote:Saw Tombstone. It was neat.

Neat? Neat? Bobbleheads are neat.....Don't sell Tombstone short man !+) :-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moonhead » Sat May 06, 2006 2:25 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Very odd film to say the least. The acting performances in the film are really what carried it for me. It's also really cool to see Danny DeVito, Christopher Lloyd and Brad Dourif so early in their career. Jack Nicholson is always so much fun to watch, but seeing him play a "crazy" person is a blast. There's nobody who could possibly have played his role any better. The look in his eye, the crazy laugh, everything about him breathed into his character. My only knock on the movie is that it was a bit slow at times, but that's really nitpicking.

9/10

do you really think he was crazy?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun May 07, 2006 2:23 am

moonhead wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Very odd film to say the least. The acting performances in the film are really what carried it for me. It's also really cool to see Danny DeVito, Christopher Lloyd and Brad Dourif so early in their career. Jack Nicholson is always so much fun to watch, but seeing him play a "crazy" person is a blast. There's nobody who could possibly have played his role any better. The look in his eye, the crazy laugh, everything about him breathed into his character. My only knock on the movie is that it was a bit slow at times, but that's really nitpicking.

9/10

do you really think he was crazy?

No.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun May 07, 2006 9:51 am

Watched Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on DVD with my 10-year-old son. We both liked it. It's a movie that you can watch with your kids and enjoy your self, but I would not let very young children watch it (they probably wouldn't get into it anyway). There are some scary and moderately violent scenes.

The Biblical parallels are pretty obvious at times. From the reviews everybody seems to love the little girl Lucy but I thought she got a bit annoying at times. The CGI is OK - I feel like if it's obviously CGI it kind of ruins it but I guess it was necessary to use it.

It's a good story, the acting is good and there is some action. I liked that they didn't sugarcoat things - for example there is a kid that looks 12 or 13 hit in the face, thrown into a dungeon, tied to a tree and ends up with a split lip and a banged-up face. No I don't like seeing kids beat up but a lot of movies would have danced around it.

Overall I give it 8/10.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun May 07, 2006 9:59 pm

saw Fun with dick and jane tonight...pretty good i didnt think it would be too good...really funny ;-D

8/10
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:11 pm

I saw Four Brothers recently, and it was very good. It was everything I expected, and that was a classic revenge tale with anti-heroes for good guys, and it delivered. There were some creative plot developments, some snappy lines, and tons quality action sequences. It doesnt try to be more than it is, but it delivers on what you want if you're watching it.

7/10 (I'd rate it higher, but 8/10 or higher just seems like it should be reserved for "great" movies)
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk