What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Mon May 08, 2006 3:55 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
jayday wrote:
Canacuna wrote:Saw Tombstone. It was neat.

Neat? Neat? Bobbleheads are neat.....Don't sell Tombstone short man !+) :-D

Tombstone is over-rated.

Val Kilmer is great, but Kurt Russel and that stupid fake moustache :-t

First off, how is Tombstone overrated? And second, where did you hear that Russell's stache was fake?

i had always heard about "what a great movie" Tombstone was and when i finally watched it, my thought was "eh, this is OK". just my personal opinion

that thing had to be fake, and if it wasnt, it looked pretty ridiculous on him...i think that might be part of the reason for my opinion on the movie

Val Kilmer was top notch though

That movie had so many quotable lines, though. It was a classic for that alone, IMO. ;-D

Will it go down in history as a cinematic masterpiece? No.

Is it a movie that you can watch over and over again and still enjoy? Definitely. That is why I like it.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dadd » Mon May 08, 2006 3:56 pm

The_Captain wrote:The wife and I watched A History of Violence over the weekend with Viggo Mortenson, Maria Bello and Ed Harris.

Good story line which kept us intrigued throughout the movie - some rather racy sex scenes between Mortenson and Bello (she is hot) but the only downer on this movie is the end. It did not make sense and after taking the audience on a good thrill ride the ride stops abruptly.

7/10

My wife and I thought the sex scenes came out of left field on that movie. We looked at each other and said, "Wow, didn't see that coming from the previews..."

While watching that movie, I kinda felt like it drifted along, didn't seem to get anywhere, exploded with a graphic killing (the close up of the guys "brains blown out the back" head), then the sex scenes throw in. The whole movie was kinda loose-ended. Odd movie, I thought.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 4:09 pm

Dadd wrote:
The_Captain wrote:The wife and I watched A History of Violence over the weekend with Viggo Mortenson, Maria Bello and Ed Harris.

Good story line which kept us intrigued throughout the movie - some rather racy sex scenes between Mortenson and Bello (she is hot) but the only downer on this movie is the end. It did not make sense and after taking the audience on a good thrill ride the ride stops abruptly.

7/10

My wife and I thought the sex scenes came out of left field on that movie. We looked at each other and said, "Wow, didn't see that coming from the previews..."

While watching that movie, I kinda felt like it drifted along, didn't seem to get anywhere, exploded with a graphic killing (the close up of the guys "brains blown out the back" head), then the sex scenes throw in. The whole movie was kinda loose-ended. Odd movie, I thought.

So how graphic is this brains blowing scene and the sex scenes? Will my rather straight-laced wife like this, or will it be too much for her?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon May 08, 2006 4:30 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dadd wrote:

7/10

So how graphic is this brains blowing scene and the sex scenes? Will my rather straight-laced wife like this, or will it be too much for her?

it didn't make me flinch or give it a second thought, but i'm from "generation desensitization". that movie didn't do much for me anyway. slow, boring, predictable. that's how i'd describe it.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dadd » Mon May 08, 2006 4:33 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dadd wrote:

7/10

Very graphic. Regarding the sex scenes, I don't think of myself as a prude (what guy would?) but I was a little uncomfortable. Of course, I don't watch that type of stuff with my wife.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Captain » Mon May 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Dadd wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Dadd wrote:

7/10

Very graphic. Regarding the sex scenes, I don't think of myself as a prude (what guy would?) but I was a little uncomfortable. Of course, I don't watch that type of stuff with my wife.

I agree - my wife and I looked at each other and wondered what the significance of the first one was and that it came out of left field.

All in all, I thought it was a good movie but agree with you that it was loose-ended. As far as the graphicness of the killing scenes - they really weren't that bad - the guy in the diner and the one in the grass (busted nose) were really the worst but if you saw Resoviour Dogs you can handle it. It isn't like they stayed focus on the gore.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Fri May 19, 2006 8:16 pm

I had free passes for See No Evil.

Good stuff. Kane (WWE Wrestler) played the psycho killer who stalked young, beautiful teens who were trapped in a hotel.

Good horror, gruesome and gory violence. 7.5/10
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 19, 2006 8:36 pm

I watched The Ringer. Meh.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bagobonez » Fri May 19, 2006 9:30 pm

Canacuna wrote:I watched The Ringer. Meh.

Me too. I give The Ringer a 5/10. Had a couple of funny parts, but overall it wasn't that funny. Then again, it's supposed to be a heart warmer, but it didn't do a great job of that either somehow.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri May 19, 2006 10:17 pm

just saw King Kong. very well done movie; excellent acting, great special effects. too long, and a couple of parts just made me laugh because they were stupid. ex. they skip the part where they come up with the amazing plan to get kong back to america on a boat that he is twice as big as. :-b

very pleasing. 9/10
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk