What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Fri May 19, 2006 10:31 pm

Anyone go to "The Da Vinci Code"?

I only read sucky reviews about it. Seems like all the critics hated it. I have no idea how well it will do in the box office this weekend.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Sat May 20, 2006 8:25 am

SniperShot wrote:Anyone go to "The Da Vinci Code"?

I only read sucky reviews about it. Seems like all the critics hated it. I have no idea how well it will do in the box office this weekend.

i'm going tonight. it sold out pretty well in my area last night when i was looking on fandango at the times. i'll try to ppost a review when i get home or in the morning.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby louisianacajunsam » Sat May 20, 2006 12:14 pm

ok..dont know if anything was posted about this movie yet, but i saw STAY the other day...

im not sure if i get what was going on or not..it definately doesnt explain itself....DID ANYONE SEE THAT MOVIE AND UNDERSTAND IT???

because of the aggrivation it created for me, i cant say i liked it very much..give it a 5/10
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby terpfan » Sat May 20, 2006 7:59 pm

SniperShot wrote:Anyone go to "The Da Vinci Code"?

I saw it today. It wasnt great, but I dont think it deserved to be bashed the way it did. It was fairly enjoyble overall.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat May 20, 2006 9:31 pm

I saw In the Mix starring Usher. Not very good overall, I didn't have any idea what was going on mos of the time, and it felt like I missed a prequel to it or something.

3/10 (only because of the stunning actress, can't spell her name if I had to though ;-) )
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dirt Bag » Sat May 20, 2006 11:01 pm

saw The Producers tonight.

i usually like semi-musicals and musicals, this was probobly one of my least favorite musicals ever it just wasn't that funny

my final words are...

meh

5/10

P.S. w00t w00t, first post on the 100th page of this thread ;-D :-b
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Sat May 20, 2006 11:07 pm

The DaVinci Code

8 out of 10.

I actually really liked the movie. I tend to enjoy religious/historical movie plots, and I thought it was very throught-provoking. Not too bad actually.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun May 21, 2006 1:19 am

As a big fan of the film, Blade Runner, I've always liked Rutger Hauer. His smooth delivery and charm made him a perfect foil to Harrison Ford's Deckard. Over the years, I'd always hoped to see Hauer make a return to the big screen, so I was very pleased to see him featured in Sin City and Batman Begins. One of the last big screen feature roles that Hauer took on before he starred in a string of "direct-to-video" flicks was 1987's Wanted: Dead or Alive.

For those of you that have never seen the film, it's not exactly Lethal Weapon, but it is one of the more underappreciated action films of the decade. Hauer plays a lone wolf type who makes his living as a bounty hunter, working for the police department on the side. After a string of terrorist incidents plague Los Angeles, Hauer is called upon to find the man repsonsible, played by KISS bassist, Gene Simmons. Simmons hardly says much during the film, and it's no small wonder. As much as I like Simmons as a rock star, he's a far cry from anything resembling an actor. However, he's easy to hate just based on his heartlessness throughout the film.

The movie has many great action sequences, including a great finale that boasts one of the most explosive endings to a film I've ever seen. Those of you that have seen this one know what I'm talking about. ;-) I'm really rather surprised Hauer never caught on as an action star after seeing this film. He's such a slick actor with a very unique style. It's almost criminal he wasn't used more as an anti-hero or villain throughout the 90's.

Though there were slow points in the film, the great action sequences and Hauer's character made the film worth while. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who's a fan of the genre, or Hauer for that matter.

7/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun May 21, 2006 7:13 am

The Da Vinci Code

!+) !+) !+) :-P

this is a snoozer. 6/10. It had more endings than The Return of the King.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby logan » Sun May 21, 2006 9:19 am

moonhead wrote:The Da Vinci Code

!+) !+) !+) :-P

this is a snoozer. 6/10. It had more endings than The Return of the King.

i'll give it a 7/10 but i agree i had one hell of a time staying awake. the acting was solid with bettany stealing the movie (course he does that in everything he is in) but it just seemed to drag on forever.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk