What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sun May 21, 2006 4:30 pm

logan wrote:
moonhead wrote:The Da Vinci Code

!+) !+) !+) :-P

this is a snoozer. 6/10. It had more endings than The Return of the King.

i'll give it a 7/10 but i agree i had one hell of a time staying awake. the acting was solid with bettany stealing the movie (course he does that in everything he is in) but it just seemed to drag on forever.

Yeah Bettany and McKellen were very good. And yeah, the ending did drag out a little bit. I actually I think the ending was my least favorite part of the movie.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boojumsnark25 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:42 pm

Watched Remember the Titans on TV last night...love that movie. Soundtrack is great as well.

Watched Heavyweights saturday night...I don't know what it is about that movie, but I always found it really funny...even if it is probably geared for 12 year olds...
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sun May 21, 2006 6:17 pm

Watched CUBE today. 7/10.

Didn't understand the ending, but a very original movie idea.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 22, 2006 2:47 am

I watched The People Under the Stairs. Interesting.

I've been using one-word descriptions for my movie reviews in this thread for the most part. In the future, I'm going to test-run the 'Emoticon Only' review system. It could be here to stay... it could be a bust. But I'm gonna give it a shot, dammit. Just y'know... for an FYI kinda thing.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 22, 2006 9:20 am

bagobonez wrote:Watched CUBE today. 7/10.

Didn't understand the ending, but a very original movie idea.

i saw that years ago and dont remember exactly what the ending was all about

finally saw Chronicles of Narnia
eh...it was OK, i fell asleep for about 1/2 hour in the middle. too British for me, and the final battle was kind of cool, but kind of cheesy. and you could tell the youngest girl was british, becasue she was in major need of a dentist.

6/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Mon May 22, 2006 9:53 am

Went to see Da Vinci Code last night.

It earns a definite meh. It was OK but the book was way better, I can't say I would recommend it, even though almost everyone will see it anyways.

6/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Wed May 24, 2006 3:44 am

;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The_Captain » Wed May 24, 2006 5:09 am

The wife and I watched "Match Point" a couple of weekends ago with Scarlett Johannsen.

It was a bit slow in parts and the british is a tad hard to understand in parts but it was intriguing enough to keep us interested and had a very interesting ending.

I would recommend it.

7 / 10

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:49 am

Watched Vertigo the other night...not bad...the story moved pretty quick for being 2+ hours. The last 30 minutes of the movie kinda confused me, but the last scene was great. Gotta love Jimmy Stewart though!
7.5/10
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu May 25, 2006 5:21 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Image

As a big fan of the film, Blade Runner, I've always liked Rutger Hauer. His smooth delivery and charm made him a perfect foil to Harrison Ford's Deckard. Over the years, I'd always hoped to see Hauer make a return to the big screen, so I was very pleased to see him featured in Sin City and Batman Begins. One of the last big screen feature roles that Hauer took on before he starred in a string of "direct-to-video" flicks was 1987's Wanted: Dead or Alive.

For those of you that have never seen the film, it's not exactly Lethal Weapon, but it is one of the more underappreciated action films of the decade. Hauer plays a lone wolf type who makes his living as a bounty hunter, working for the police department on the side. After a string of terrorist incidents plague Los Angeles, Hauer is called upon to find the man repsonsible, played by KISS bassist, Gene Simmons. Simmons hardly says much during the film, and it's no small wonder. As much as I like Simmons as a rock star, he's a far cry from anything resembling an actor. However, he's easy to hate just based on his heartlessness throughout the film.

The movie has many great action sequences, including a great finale that boasts one of the most explosive endings to a film I've ever seen. Those of you that have seen this one know what I'm talking about. ;-) I'm really rather surprised Hauer never caught on as an action star after seeing this film. He's such a slick actor with a very unique style. It's almost criminal he wasn't used more as an anti-hero or villain throughout the 90's.

Though there were slow points in the film, the great action sequences and Hauer's character made the film worth while. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who's a fan of the genre, or Hauer for that matter.

7/10

You know DD, I think we have alot in common. I too enjoy Hauer and have always been perplexed by his lack of stardom. He did several low-budget films, but I remember The Hitcher and one called Blind Faith, or Blind Justice or something like that where he was a blind crime fighter type of dude. This guy rocks and it's a shame he's too old to really get good action roles anymore. However, I think you may have brought to my attention the perfect leading man to play Hannibal in my fantasy A-Team movie!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk