What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Popcynical » Mon May 29, 2006 1:01 am

Azrael wrote:I hope a Dark Tower movie comes though it will probably never do the books justice

I don't want a Dark Tower movie. It'd totally ruin my image of the characters. Plus it'd probably get all popular and then people would be like, "Oh mah gaadz!! I leik the Dark Tower more than you." And I'd have to slap their asses into place and be like, "Biotch, I started reading those books before your first erection.".... or something like that.

But anyways. I saw "The Ring Two" and "X-men: The Last Stand" today.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 29, 2006 1:17 am

What's Dark Tower? :-?

Anyway, I watched DaVinci Code last night... the verdict from myself and my two buds... a decisive "Meh". The one who read the book... she thought it was disappointing. The one who hadn't... she thought the movie was just 'not good'. She didn't care about the characters and some of the dialogue was awkward. I read the book... I'd agree with both of 'em. It's definitely disappoiting in comparison, but the movie just didn't seem 'right'. I dunno.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Mon May 29, 2006 6:53 am

what happens after the credits of x3? i didnt stay.

saw davinci code last night. fairly good movie. The ending kind of lacked what i figured would happen
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Mon May 29, 2006 7:27 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
mikus wrote:X-Men 3: The Last Stand
STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!!!

DOH!!!!

there were so many people in the theatre last night it was insanely hot, so when the credits started rolling i got out as quick as i could. now im wondering what i missed! 8-o :~(

Double doh. I missed that too.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon May 29, 2006 9:52 am

moonhead wrote:
ironman wrote:A History of Violence - 2 out of 10 - Just a waste of time. Complete and utter garbage. Paper-thin plot with very little substance and gratuitous violence. I realize this was adapted from a graphic novel but it still seemed like the gore was a bit overdone.

i've been fighting this fight since i saw this movie. everyone loves it. i thought it was terrible. i'm not questioning your intelligence or anything if you like this movie, but i would have been better off going to the dentist or doing something excruciating.

honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It ranks up there with Into the Blue for worst movie I've seen in the last couple of years. Simply horrible :-t
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon May 29, 2006 9:53 am

I rented Adaptation last night. Really an interesting movie, even though it was a little weird. I enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who likes movies that you have to think about, not simply ones that entertain.

8/10.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The_Captain » Mon May 29, 2006 11:29 am

The wife and I watched "The Constant Gardner" over the weekend. Wasn't sure what to expect with this movie but it was very good. I think most will find it a slow movie and a lot of the british dialogue is a bit hard to understand but the movie painted probably a very real picture of the plight of many africans.

7.5 / 10

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon May 29, 2006 11:40 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw X3 and I thought it was a very nice addition to the series. Many new characters and the loss of some old one's too, so hardcore fans may feel a bit jaded by the film. Though, I'm under the impression that the movies never stayed true to the books at all anyways. In any case, great action sequences, nice story development. All in all, I think it's very deserving of being a part of the X-men series of films. Though the title hints that this is the last installment of the series, they leave the end very open for a fourth.

9/10 ;-D

i was disappointed. the first two were excellent films. very true to the series. this one strayed a bit. the special effects were top notch, as one would expect...but i thought this movie sucked. it was entertaining, i'll give it that. but i didn't think it lived up to the first two at all. but that's just my opinion, as an xmen junkie as a kid.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby bagobonez » Mon May 29, 2006 4:16 pm

moonhead wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw X3 and I thought it was a very nice addition to the series. Many new characters and the loss of some old one's too, so hardcore fans may feel a bit jaded by the film. Though, I'm under the impression that the movies never stayed true to the books at all anyways. In any case, great action sequences, nice story development. All in all, I think it's very deserving of being a part of the X-men series of films. Though the title hints that this is the last installment of the series, they leave the end very open for a fourth.

9/10 ;-D

i was disappointed. the first two were excellent films. very true to the series. this one strayed a bit. the special effects were top notch, as one would expect...but i thought this movie sucked. it was entertaining, i'll give it that. but i didn't think it lived up to the first two at all. but that's just my opinion, as an xmen junkie as a kid.

I agree. THe director went too far on some things, and strayed too far from the true x-men we know from the comic books. I was entertained the entire time, but I left feeling empty and disappointed.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 29, 2006 7:42 pm

bagobonez wrote:
moonhead wrote:

9/10 ;-D

I agree. THe director went too far on some things, and strayed too far from the true x-men we know from the comic books. I was entertained the entire time, but I left feeling empty and
disappointed.

Having not really read X-men as a child, I didn't realize he strayed so far from the true nature of the series. That's a shame for the hardcore fans out there.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk