What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:27 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I rented Adaptation last night. Really an interesting movie, even though it was a little weird. I enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who likes movies that you have to think about, not simply ones that entertain.

8/10.

I liked that movie a lot. Charlie Kaufman is a great writer.
You have to see Being John Malkovich if you liked Adaption. Same writer, director - but a tad better and weirder than Adaption.

I watched The Ringer the other night. I thought that the movie would be mean-spirited and degrade handicap people. Not like that at all, it's actually a heartfelt movie. There are many funny scenes but not too many laugh out loud hilarious moments. Katherine Heigl is hot. Johnny Knoxville is only decent here, the supporting cast is what I really liked. The actors that played mentally challenged olympians were very good and likable. Definitely not oscar-worthy material, but a good way to spend 1.5 hours on the coach. 7.5/10
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GarfDaGuru » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:08 am

The Program. Without a doubt the best sports movie ever made. I have watched it 20 times in a span of two weeks. It's just that goodsky. Also, I am quite partial to this movie since Fath Garf's friend stars as the quarterback.

I hereby present to you the most underrated actor in the history of underrated actors:

Craig Sheffer

Last edited by GarfDaGuru on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
GarfDaGuru
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby CC » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:17 am

X-Men: The Last Stand

I saw this on Thursday, I wasn't all that pumped for it as I wanted to go see District B13 or whatever it is called, but this movie was pretty entertaining.

I don't know much about X-Men except the characters and their powers so I didn't care about any of the inconsistencies. Good action and a pretty good plot, with some funny lines sprinkled in ("I'm the Juggernaut, BITCH).

8/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:07 pm

Saw The Da Vinci Code a few nights ago. Not sure why it was getting all the bad reviews, I really enjoyed it. Seeing it was enough to make me finally start reading the book.

9/10
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:47 pm

The Break Up

very enjoyable romantic comedy. everyone was great and it was pretty funny. not completely over the top as most of VV's movies though. nice to see him in a more real acting role again.

9/10 for me.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby J2thez929 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:19 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:X-Men: The Last Stand

I saw this on Thursday, I wasn't all that pumped for it as I wanted to go see District B13 or whatever it is called, but this movie was pretty entertaining.

I don't know much about X-Men except the characters and their powers so I didn't care about any of the inconsistencies. Good action and a pretty good plot, with some funny lines sprinkled in ("I'm the Juggernaut, BITCH).

8/10

I saw X3 yesterday and thought it was a good flick. That juggernut guy was funny as hell b/c I think he was actually trying to act in those few lines he had :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:42 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I watched The Ringer the other night. I thought that the movie would be mean-spirited and degrade handicap people. Not like that at all, it's actually a heartfelt movie. There are many funny scenes but not too many laugh out loud hilarious moments. Katherine Heigl is hot. Johnny Knoxville is only decent here, the supporting cast is what I really liked. The actors that played mentally challenged olympians were very good and likable. Definitely not oscar-worthy material, but a good way to spend 1.5 hours on the coach. 7.5/10

Saw this last night. I figured it wouldn't degrade handicapped people, because

a) That's dangerous ground to tread
b) It got the blessing from the special olympics

That being said, the movie had it's moments, but overall it was just a summer trash movie. Five minutes in, my buddy and I guessed the entire plot line down to every last detail. Got about 95% right. Yawn.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:10 pm

Hm...

I watched Seven... or Se7en... whatever. Good movie. And Heathers. Never seen it before, but it was very... or whatever the hell they say.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:16 pm

I think you guys were missing the point on the "I'm the Juggernaught, Bitch" part. That was a little egg thrown in there for internet people.

Vis-a-vis: http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=15862
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I think you guys were missing the point on the "I'm the Juggernaught, Bitch" part. That was a little egg thrown in there for internet people.

Vis-a-vis: http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=15862

Jesus ... my friends enlightened me to this about a month ago, and we've been quoting it endlessly since then. It's amazing that even after the 1000000 th viewing, this movie is still amazing.

Charles, no! ... my face! What the f*** is this s***? Oh, I'm trippin' off acid.

-- then when I saw it in theatres, that was the highlight of my life to this point. ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk