What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:27 pm

I actually saw that video about a week before I saw the movie. My friend linked me to it. hilarious... CHARLES NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:28 pm

yeah i think about half of the theatre got it at my showing. couple laughs from the crowd with me laughing extremely loudly which probably confused alot of people. one of the best lines in the movie. which i think VJ had some very good ones for as few as he had.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:53 am

Canacuna wrote:Hm...

I watched Seven... or Se7en... whatever. Good movie. And Heathers. Never seen it before, but it was very... or whatever the hell they say.

Heathers rules. it make the line
I love my dead, gay son
funny
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:03 am

I went to see the new Xmen movie this weekend. I thought it was very good, but I didn't really like some of the story (I can't comment on it since I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet).

Also, I don't like that they made Juggernaut a mutant, and they showed that Beast's blue coloration was part of his mutant-ness. In the comic book, Juggernaut's powers are derived from a mystical stone, and Beast is blue because of a science experiment gone awry. Beast's powers make him hairier than most and give him great agility, but they don't make him blue. I suppose the reason they did this is to have the movie appeal more to those that aren't long-time fans of the comics, but nonetheless, as a long-time fan of the comics, I didn't like those parts. (Also, I don't know the Phoenix sagas that well, but I thought Jean Grey's phoenix powers were of some alien origin, not locked away inside her?)

All-in-all, I give it an 8/10. The story and effects were very good, but it would have been a 10/10 had they stuck more to some of the original stuff, and the story issues I cannot mention.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:07 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw X3 and I thought it was a very nice addition to the series. Many new characters and the loss of some old one's too, so hardcore fans may feel a bit jaded by the film. Though, I'm under the impression that the movies never stayed true to the books at all anyways. In any case, great action sequences, nice story development. All in all, I think it's very deserving of being a part of the X-men series of films. Though the title hints that this is the last installment of the series, they leave the end very open for a fourth.

9/10 ;-D

I don't think the part at the end is necessarily leaving it open for a fourth, but I have heard that there are a couple movies in the works centering around Magneto and Wolverine. Those are both very deep characters with a lot of history in the books, so they could go anywhere with those films. I would want to see a Magneto movie about his younger days during the Holocaust or one with Asteroid M, and I would like the Wolverine movie to center around his time spent in the Far East.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:08 am

onnestabe wrote:I went to see the new Xmen movie this weekend. I thought it was very good, but I didn't really like some of the story (I can't comment on it since I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet).

Also, I don't like that they made Juggernaut a mutant, and they showed that Beast's blue coloration was part of his mutant-ness. In the comic book, Juggernaut's powers are derived from a mystical stone, and Beast is blue because of a science experiment gone awry. Beast's powers make him hairier than most and give him great agility, but they don't make him blue. I suppose the reason they did this is to have the movie appeal more to those that aren't long-time fans of the comics, but nonetheless, as a long-time fan of the comics, I didn't like those parts. (Also, I don't know the Phoenix sagas that well, but I thought Jean Grey's phoenix powers were of some alien origin, not locked away inside her?)

All-in-all, I give it an 8/10. The story and effects were very good, but it would have been a 10/10 had they stuck more to some of the original stuff, and the story issues I cannot mention.

yeah, Phoenix was an alien entity, but it's kind of hard to have the X-men go visit some alien world and explain all that
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:15 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
onnestabe wrote:I went to see the new Xmen movie this weekend. I thought it was very good, but I didn't really like some of the story (I can't comment on it since I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet).

yeah, Phoenix was an alien entity, but it's kind of hard to have the X-men go visit some alien world and explain all that

Yeah, that part would have been more difficult, but it wouldn't have been too hard to keep the Beast stuff consistent. It may have been less believable to go into the Juggernaut stuff, but at the same time, it would have taken like 30 seconds of explanation, and how "believable" can a movie be where you have mutants with superpowers?

Anyway, this is only an issue to a pretty small portion of the population, and the producers have to cater to the larger audience, but that's why it got an 8 from me.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:26 am

Grandma's Boy

I heard it sucked terribly and since i already had it downloaded on divx i gave it a try and shockingly made it through halfway before i turned it off......Boooooooo :-t
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:30 am

onnestabe wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw X3 and I thought it was a very nice addition to the series. Many new characters and the loss of some old one's too, so hardcore fans may feel a bit jaded by the film. Though, I'm under the impression that the movies never stayed true to the books at all anyways. In any case, great action sequences, nice story development. All in all, I think it's very deserving of being a part of the X-men series of films. Though the title hints that this is the last installment of the series, they leave the end very open for a fourth.

9/10 ;-D

I don't think the part at the end is necessarily leaving it open for a fourth, but I have heard that there are a couple movies in the works centering around Magneto and Wolverine. Those are both very deep characters with a lot of history in the books, so they could go anywhere with those films. I would want to see a Magneto movie about his younger days during the Holocaust or one with Asteroid M, and I would like the Wolverine movie to center around his time spent in the Far East.

i think that's likely to be the route a Wolverine movie would go, and it would probably be pretty good, although i wouldnt mind seeing it center around the Weapon X storyline either
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby xted30 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:37 am

onnestabe wrote:Yeah, that part would have been more difficult, but it wouldn't have been too hard to keep the Beast stuff consistent. It may have been less believable to go into the Juggernaut stuff, but at the same time, it would have taken like 30 seconds of explanation, and how "believable" can a movie be where you have mutants with superpowers?

Anyway, this is only an issue to a pretty small portion of the population, and the producers have to cater to the larger audience, but that's why it got an 8 from me.

Yeah, these were some of the problems I had too. Juggernaut is not a mutant and Beast's coloring and fur is due to an experiment. And the Phoenix was an alien entity, not some part of Jean's psyche. But, I think they tailor more to the casual fan and the masses since there are more of them (generally speaking) than us die hards.

All in all, good FX, as usual. I give it a 8/10.
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk