What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:19 pm

terpfan wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
TheBigBakedBean wrote:Anyone seen the previews for a new Paul Walker movie that supposedly makes "Kill Bill look like Sesame Street?"

Sounds interesting....but it's a Paul Walker movie. :-t



Hmmm, that could be Running Scared
http://imdb.com/title/tt0404390/

IVe seen Running Scared and I wouldnt say it was more violent than Kill Bill.


I downloaded the DVD screener of Running Scared and watched it, and would agree that it isnt more gory than Kill Bill.....Kill Bill was a better movie and more violent period.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7631
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wherever Jack takes me....

Postby ironman » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
terpfan wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
TheBigBakedBean wrote:Anyone seen the previews for a new Paul Walker movie that supposedly makes "Kill Bill look like Sesame Street?"

Sounds interesting....but it's a Paul Walker movie. :-t



Hmmm, that could be Running Scared
http://imdb.com/title/tt0404390/

IVe seen Running Scared and I wouldnt say it was more violent than Kill Bill.


I downloaded the DVD screener of Running Scared and watched it, and would agree that it isnt more gory than Kill Bill.....Kill Bill was a better movie and more violent period.


I liked Running Scared with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. Great 80's movie that used to be on HBO a lot.
Image
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 805
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby TTTBone » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:54 pm

Watched The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada last night.
Excellent directorial debut from Tommy Lee Jones.
A very well told and compelling story of the complex nature of friendship, racism, revenge and redemption. Well acted, thought provoking, and beautifully shot.
TTTBone gives it a 4 1/2 of 5 bones.
;-D
Don't let this worthy one sneak under the wire on you.
Image
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4481
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:04 pm

saw Mission Impossible 3 today

good plotline, some good action scenes, although not as many as i expected, and some very witty characters. if anyone has seen shaun of the dead, the main character from that was in it, and he was pretty funny. anyway, a good overall movie.

8/10
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:14 pm

ironman wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
terpfan wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
TheBigBakedBean wrote:Anyone seen the previews for a new Paul Walker movie that supposedly makes "Kill Bill look like Sesame Street?"

Sounds interesting....but it's a Paul Walker movie. :-t



Hmmm, that could be Running Scared
http://imdb.com/title/tt0404390/

IVe seen Running Scared and I wouldnt say it was more violent than Kill Bill.


I downloaded the DVD screener of Running Scared and watched it, and would agree that it isnt more gory than Kill Bill.....Kill Bill was a better movie and more violent period.


I liked Running Scared with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. Great 80's movie that used to be on HBO a lot.


This one is the 2006 version with paul walker, i havent seen the one in the 80s, i wonder if its better
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7631
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wherever Jack takes me....

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:24 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:saw Mission Impossible 3 today

good plotline, some good action scenes, although not as many as i expected, and some very witty characters. if anyone has seen shaun of the dead, the main character from that was in it, and he was pretty funny. anyway, a good overall movie.

8/10


If I can get the taste of MI:2 out of my mouth, might go see that. :-b
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:30 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:saw Mission Impossible 3 today

good plotline, some good action scenes, although not as many as i expected, and some very witty characters. if anyone has seen shaun of the dead, the main character from that was in it, and he was pretty funny. anyway, a good overall movie.

8/10


If I can get the taste of MI:2 out of my mouth, might go see that. :-b


i saw it tonight as well. alot better than i expected. pretty decent movie. and the guy from SotD was pretty good. reminds me i need to buy that on dvd.
Image
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7273
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:55 am

Just saw The Breakup. Pretty lackluster movie overall, I would definitely wait for video on this one. The plot isnt that great, and Vince Vaugh pretty much is the only reason the movie is worth watching. He carries the film 95% of the time. Jennifer Anniston does get naked in that, which might explain why its #1 at the box office.

5/10
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:03 am

Alkaholik wrote:
ironman wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
terpfan wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
TheBigBakedBean wrote:Anyone seen the previews for a new Paul Walker movie that supposedly makes "Kill Bill look like Sesame Street?"

Sounds interesting....but it's a Paul Walker movie. :-t



Hmmm, that could be Running Scared
http://imdb.com/title/tt0404390/

IVe seen Running Scared and I wouldnt say it was more violent than Kill Bill.


I downloaded the DVD screener of Running Scared and watched it, and would agree that it isnt more gory than Kill Bill.....Kill Bill was a better movie and more violent period.


I liked Running Scared with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. Great 80's movie that used to be on HBO a lot.


This one is the 2006 version with paul walker, i havent seen the one in the 80s, i wonder if its better


The 80's Running Scared with Billy Crystal & Gregory Hines is a classic. The 2006 version is not a remake...it's a totally different movie.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 86)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Postby CC » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:38 am

District B13

I went to see this last night (in an altered state of mind) and was not impressed. The action scenes with the parkour were pretty cool, but apart from one awesome chase scene at the beginning they weren't that great.

Ong Bak was way better and I can't even begin to explain how lame the plot was and how many holes it had in it. I was picking out numerous stupid parts and I was high. My one buddy tried to argue that it was an awesome movie, but he was full of it.

5.5/10
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:41 hours
(and 57 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact