What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:25 pm

United 93

The first half was boring as sin, but it turns into a very emotionally moving experience.

8/10
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:36 pm

maddog60 wrote:Just saw The Breakup. Pretty lackluster movie overall, I would definitely wait for video on this one. The plot isnt that great, and Vince Vaugh pretty much is the only reason the movie is worth watching. He carries the film 95% of the time. Jennifer Anniston does get naked in that, which might explain why its #1 at the box office.

5/10

Worth watching right there.....

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:40 pm

The_Captain wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Just saw The Breakup. Pretty lackluster movie overall, I would definitely wait for video on this one. The plot isnt that great, and Vince Vaugh pretty much is the only reason the movie is worth watching. He carries the film 95% of the time. Jennifer Anniston does get naked in that, which might explain why its #1 at the box office.

5/10

Worth watching right there.....

;-D

That's like the movie Sirens. The movie really wasn't good at all but one thing gives it a 10/10 rating. Elle McPherson: Full Frontal Nudity. 8-o

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:13 pm

My local movie theater just re-opened after a HUGE remodel. It REALLY needed the remodeling. It owns now, big neon lights that say BUFFALO it looks all old-school and ownage.

Ah, yes, the movie.

I saw X-Men 3: The Last Stand. It was good. The action/fight scenes were the best done IMO. I'm with that guy that i can't remember that posted about the story not being 100% accurate. That did tone it down a notch and kinda make me sad but I can bet you that most the people who go watchin' that movie aren't big-time comic book fans. And it didn't affect the storyline to a large degree.

All-in-all i give it a 9/10.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:14 pm

the only movie jennifer aniston is in that is worth watching is called the good girl. and then maybe bruce almighty is a distant second.

(she has some sex in the good girl. ;-D )
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:00 am

moonhead wrote:the only movie jennifer aniston is in that is worth watching is called the good girl. and then maybe bruce almighty is a distant second.

Yeah, but Leprechaun is some serious quality horror, bro. ;-7
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:02 am

finally saw Hostel. it was OK, the plot was actually better than i thought, and it had a ton of boobs, but i was actually expecting more gore/disturbing torture. i guess i just dont really get shocked by anything anymore, but i've seen gorier/more disturbing scenes in Dead Alive or Audition
7/10 becasue of the skanks

...and the fiance talked me into renting the Family Stone. normally i am able to fall asleep during these movies, and this wasnt even you typical chick flick where it's just the same basic plot but they swap out Sandra Bullock/Jennifer Lopez or Kate Hudson as and Ad-Exec/Maid/Bride to be who falls for some douchebag who could never exist in the real world. it really didnt have one likeable character and the hotness of the yummy Rachel McAdams was offset by that horsefaced Sarah Jessica Parker.
4/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:40 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
...and the fiance talked me into renting the Family Stone. normally i am able to fall asleep during these movies, and this wasnt even you typical chick flick where it's just the same basic plot but they swap out Sandra Bullock/Jennifer Lopez or Kate Hudson as and Ad-Exec/Maid/Bride to be who falls for some douchebag who could never exist in the real world. it really didnt have one likeable character and the hotness of the yummy Rachel McAdams was offset by that horsefaced Sarah Jessica Parker.
4/10

haha... nicely said.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:05 am

moonhead wrote:the only movie jennifer aniston is in that is worth watching is called the good girl. and then maybe bruce almighty is a distant second.

I'm assuming you left out Office Space by accident.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:23 am

I saw the Chronicles of Narnia last night. As a big lord of the rings fan, I thought it was just a little kid's version of lord of the rings. That doesn't mean I didn't like it though, I thought it was entertaining and all, but some of it seemed to be made for a little kid....it's hard to explain.

Anyways, 7.5/10.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk