What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Superman in Training » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:12 am

Well seeing how "The Incredibles" is the movie to see I rented it the other day! I am not a super big fan of animation movies, but it is a super hero movie so I had to see it. I was so impressed!!! Luckly Deluxe's made me make sure that I wouldn't expect too much.

I loved every bit of it, and my woman really loved it.. that doesn't always happen, us likeing the same movie...

Now that I have been dabbling in photoshop just about everyday I feel pretty confident with my graphic skills.. but the animation in that movie is unreal! The fire especially blew me away!

Semi spoiler here....

My fav part of the movie is when the robot is unleashed on the city and Mr. Incredible goes up to the camper and you don't see the guards but you hear the following:...."OK every time one of them runs we take a shot!" They were playing a drinking game ! That is awesome!!!

I give it a solid 9/10 10/10 for an animation !! ;-D ;-D ;-D

PS Iron Chef.. major props on creating this thread!
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:44 pm

Just watched

Celullar: 8/10, I found it really entertaining and rather griping. A good role for Kim Basinger.

Napoleon Dynamite: 8/10, From the reviews that I've read, people either love or hate this movie. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see it again to get the lines memorized.

"Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my numchucks in there anymore."
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:31 pm

Got a babysitter and went out with the wife to see Constantine tonight.

Wasn't bad. Took a while to get used to Keanu Reeves. Seriously, how many parts can you overact?

The director made way too big of a deal with the zippo lighter. Keanu was handling it like it weighed 10 pounds.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:41 pm

watched 2 today....porkys and porkys 2. ive actually never seen either before. man have i been missing out!! i laughed quite a bit during both..but i have to say i enjoyed the first one a lot more.

i dont think ive ever seen as many naked dudes running around as i did in these 2 flicks 8-o

i give the first one 8.5/10
the second 7.75/10
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:43 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:watched 2 today....porkys and porkys 2. ive actually never seen either before. man have i been missing out!! i laughed quite a bit during both..but i have to say i enjoyed the first one a lot more.

i dont think ive ever seen as many naked dudes running around as i did in these 2 flicks 8-o

the second 7.75/10

Sweet...But 2 movies with those hoops games today D? Wow...But 2 PORKY movies? I will let it slide. Haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:45 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:watched 2 today....porkys and porkys 2. ive actually never seen either before. man have i been missing out!! i laughed quite a bit during both..but i have to say i enjoyed the first one a lot more.

the second 7.75/10

Sweet...But 2 movies with those hoops games today D? Wow...But 2 PORKY movies? I will let it slide. Haha.

honestly...i hate to say it, but i havent watched any games yet this year. :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:24 pm

I caught The Incredibles last night. I liked it a lot more than A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc. and Toy Story 2... I liked it a 'lil better than Finding Nemo, methinks... don't know if it's better than the original Toy Story... so yeah - definitely one of Pixar's best.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:44 pm

Count me in as one of those who has seen The Incredibles, great movie, possibly the best one I've seen from '04.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ljthockey » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:03 pm

Just last night I saw Ring 2

This movie was not as good as the first one. Although i didnt think it was a bust. It had a few scary parts but the parts with the deer attacking were just ridicolous and not scary at all it had the whole theater laughing out loud which is pretty sad for a part that was supposed to be scary. Only a few chilling parts like when the girl (somao or something) climps up the well chasing the mother. This movie is worth see but dont expect it to be as good as the first but its better than some of the newer horror flicks that have been out.

Ill give it a 7.5/10
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:24 pm

Ya I saw the Ring 2 on Friday night. There were some really, really scary parts, but as LJT said, there was a part with the deer that was just weird. Dont see this with yor friends, because it is actually pretty scary. Seeing it with a girl though equals a great time ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk