What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:48 pm

Watched a couple movies this weekkkkk:

16 Blocks - This didnt do that good in theaters so i was skeptical, but it was pretty good, Bruce Willis was a more relaxed older cop role.... i give it 7.0 out of 10

Failure to Launch - Was it me or did Sarah Jessica Parker look just way too old in this movie, surprised they didnt use someone much younger, but it was a funny movie and had it times, i actually liked it, the ending was just too predictable so it lost a good 1 or half point on my scale from that. I give it a 6.5 to 7 out of 10
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:58 pm

nacho libre - not too bad, but definately not too good....

i liked napoleon dynamite, and yes, this movie was made by the same people, and did have some similarities in style & i do like jack black...but i felt he was held back, and this movie just didnt make me laugh as much as i was hoping...my girlfriend loved it but everyone else hated it

a 6.5/10
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jayday » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:23 pm

Well, I am ashamed to say this is the first time I've ever watched this movie in its entirety :-/ But I just finished The Shawshank Redemption and it was outstanding.....Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins were great as always.....I'll be sure to get this on DVD soon....Overall, 9/10

The other great movie I watched, though not for the first time, was Cool Hand Luke....Big fan of this movie from the first time I saw it, I recommend it to everyone....This movie is full of symbolism....I give it a 9/10 as well....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The_Captain » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:11 pm

The wife and I watched Derailed over the weekend with Jennifer Aniston and Clive Owen.

Jennifer doesn't get naked in this (close though) but what a really surprisingly good movie. It started off a bit slow but it needed to for some character development but after the hotel scene it starts to pick up. Quite a different role for Aniston and while I doubt I would have suggested paying the ungodly theater fee to see this, it is worth the rental.

8.5 / 10

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:00 pm

Nacho Libre... high.

One really funny part, and 3 or 4 other funny parts.

I want my 10 bucks back.

5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:04 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Canacuna wrote:The only movie I've really liked Cary Elwes in was The Princess Bride - and that was, what... 18 years ago? He was horrible in this movie, although he was better than...

You're telling me you didn't like him in Robin Hood: Men In Tights? That's arguably better than the Princess Bride, which is priceless.

Also, you've gotta love his role in Liar, Liar. "Grrrr, it's the claw." :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:29 pm

I saw The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift the other night. The plot was pretty stupid, a plot that it seems like we've seen a million times before, but I did find it very entertaining.

It is definitely a guy movie, and the racing action is great.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:02 am

dont forget Saw. his acting was top notch in that ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:32 pm

I got some more reviews...

Mean Creek- 8/10 stars rory culkin and the main star from Eurotrip(scotty doesn't know ;-D ). Anyway, it's about a group of kids who plan to get revenge on a bully but the plan goes awry. These mostly unknown young actors deliver some great performances, I liked this "indie" type film.

Domino- 6.5/10 Story of domino harvey the female bounty hunter. The film has a cool visual style and kiera knightley is hot as the "bad ass" but when the plot thickens- it does just that- the story gets convoluted and switches back and forth almost too much. Overall a decent rental... there's also a cool documentary on the real domino harvey on the dvd

Chronicles of Narnia- 9/10 Wow, I really dug it. A great action/adventure movie the whole family can enjoy... one of the better disney films

Derailed- 7.5/10 Solid thriller with some nice twists and turns(didn't expect that from Jennifer Aniston). Clive Owen continues to impress me as well. All in all good stuff, just not the greatest ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:40 am

Superman Returns

I've never been a fan of Superman, and this movie did nothing to change that. Some decent special effects, and that was about it. Storyline was ho-hum. Ending was anti-climatic. Just really no reason to see this movie. I'm glad I got in free.

5/10
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk