What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:
Swingers- 7/10 with Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn. Clever and witty comedy dealing with relationships and dating. Vince is great in one of his 1st roles, he as obnoxious and hilarious as ever.

Great movie. It's funny, my wife didn't really care for it and I think it's a rare "guy" movie that involves a lot of talking about feelings, etc. Sort of a chick flick for guys.

Swingers is so money. B-)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:58 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:
Swingers- 7/10 with Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn. Clever and witty comedy dealing with relationships and dating. Vince is great in one of his 1st roles, he as obnoxious and hilarious as ever.

Great movie. It's funny, my wife didn't really care for it and I think it's a rare "guy" movie that involves a lot of talking about feelings, etc. Sort of a chick flick for guys.

Swingers is so money. B-)

that movie never gets old, i watch it prob once every couple months as a change of pace, great movie to throw on when your pre-funkin with some buddies.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Popcynical » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:29 am

Just came back from "Waist Deep."
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:04 am

I'm a huge horror fan so I caught "Boogeyman" last night on one of the movie channels.

It was okay, nothing really scary about this movie and it had characters which really weren't necessary to the plot of the film. It did have some of those "tense" moments but really this wasn't much of a horror film. The ending was about the best part of the movie.

5 / 10

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:09 pm

I recently saw two movies:

1) Darkness Falls - Without a doubt the worst movie I have ever seen, even worse than Manos:Hands of Fate. I think it's supposed to be scary but it was so dumb I laughed all the way through it. Definitely a 0/10.

2) Match Point - It's a Woody Allen movie with Scarlett Johansson in it, which is never a bad thing. It's all about luck and how lucky bounces either benefit or hurt you. Kinda slow in parts but the ending is really good. Much better than I would have anticipated. I'd give it 8/10.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:30 pm

oh I completely agree with your assessment of darkness falls... I prolly wouldn't rate it that bad, but it's still complete and utter garbage :-t
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:49 pm

i sat through amadeus recently. it was good. the weird pledge kid with the lazy eye from animal house played mozart. he was annoying. the salieri guy was good. mozart's wife was disgustingly miscast. she slept with someone to get that role. she was terrible. but anyway, i digress. the movie was mostly entertaining, not very factual, and had some good tunes. ;-D if you've got 3 hours to burn and you feel like looking at 18th century fruits running around with wigs on playing great music, i highly recommend this flick. and i highly recommend watching it under the influence. i didn't, but that would be cool. huh huh, huh, yeah butthead, really cool. all in all i give amadeus 10/13. so what i made up my own scale.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:28 am

Lets bang lets bang Cali iz active! I watched "The Wash" with Snoop Dogg and Dr.Dre. The movie sucked, but ya gotta lovee Dre and snoop! /410
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:09 am

aldridg6in wrote:I recently saw two movies:

2) Match Point - It's a Woody Allen movie with Scarlett Johansson in it, which is never a bad thing. It's all about luck and how lucky bounces either benefit or hurt you. Kinda slow in parts but the ending is really good. Much better than I would have anticipated. I'd give it 8/10.

The wife and I saw this about a month and a half ago and we also thought it was much better than anticipated. I'm not much of a Woody Allen fan but it's definitely worth the rent.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am

moonhead wrote:i sat through amadeus recently. it was good. the weird pledge kid with the lazy eye from animal house played mozart. he was annoying. the salieri guy was good. mozart's wife was disgustingly miscast. she slept with someone to get that role. she was terrible. but anyway, i digress. the movie was mostly entertaining, not very factual, and had some good tunes. ;-D if you've got 3 hours to burn and you feel like looking at 18th century fruits running around with wigs on playing great music, i highly recommend this flick. and i highly recommend watching it under the influence. i didn't, but that would be cool. huh huh, huh, yeah butthead, really cool. all in all i give amadeus 10/13. so what i made up my own scale.

If you liked that movie... I highly recommend "Immortal Beloved." It's a movie about Beethoven that is really cool. I took a college course just on the life of Beethoven, and this movie tries to unravel one of the greatest mysteries in his life... a letter to his "Immortal Beloved."
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk