What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:35 am

Watched The Hills Have Eyes (or something along those lines) this weekend. Horrible, horrible movie. I rarely walk out of a movie, but I did this one.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:38 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Watched The Hills Have Eyes (or something along those lines) this weekend. Horrible, horrible movie. I rarely walk out of a movie, but I did this one.

HAHA. I felt the same way.

I left this one halfway to smoke a cigarette and came back for the end. Trust me Omaha, you didn't miss much.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:14 am

haha...i think ya'll just couldnt handle the gore...

dont kid us
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:17 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:haha...i think ya'll just couldnt handle the gore...

dont kid us

Actually, it was the rape scene that forced me to leave. I can handle gore. Those Saw movies didn't bother me. I really couldn't handle the simulated rape though. As a matter of fact, I thought it was illegal to show that, but I guess not. :-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby logan » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:23 pm

watched Ed Wood this weekend again as i bought it on dvd finally. tim burton+johnny depp=movie gold every time so i easily give it a 10/10. great movie ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:23 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

dont kid us

Actually, it was the rape scene that forced me to leave. I can handle gore. Those Saw movies didn't bother me. I really couldn't handle the simulated rape though. As a matter of fact, I thought it was illegal to show that, but I guess not. :-t

I don't recall any gore in the first SAW movie, was there gore in the second one?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 pm

The_Captain wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

dont kid us

I don't recall any gore in the first SAW movie, was there gore in the second one?

I guess it would depend on your definition of gore. I think the one guy had his head squashed in a timed trap of some sort. A guy was burned alive I recall. Oh, I've seen all of the Hannibal movies if that counts for gore.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:57 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:
moonhead wrote:i sat through amadeus recently. it was good. the weird pledge kid with the lazy eye from animal house played mozart. he was annoying. the salieri guy was good. mozart's wife was disgustingly miscast. she slept with someone to get that role. she was terrible. but anyway, i digress. the movie was mostly entertaining, not very factual, and had some good tunes. ;-D if you've got 3 hours to burn and you feel like looking at 18th century fruits running around with wigs on playing great music, i highly recommend this flick. and i highly recommend watching it under the influence. i didn't, but that would be cool. huh huh, huh, yeah butthead, really cool. all in all i give amadeus 10/13. so what i made up my own scale.

If you liked that movie... I highly recommend "Immortal Beloved." It's a movie about Beethoven that is really cool. I took a college course just on the life of Beethoven, and this movie tries to unravel one of the greatest mysteries in his life... a letter to his "Immortal Beloved."

Wasn't that the one with Gary Oldman? He so friggin rules...
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby moonhead » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:58 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:
moonhead wrote:i sat through amadeus recently. it was good. the weird pledge kid with the lazy eye from animal house played mozart. he was annoying. the salieri guy was good. mozart's wife was disgustingly miscast. she slept with someone to get that role. she was terrible. but anyway, i digress. the movie was mostly entertaining, not very factual, and had some good tunes. ;-D if you've got 3 hours to burn and you feel like looking at 18th century fruits running around with wigs on playing great music, i highly recommend this flick. and i highly recommend watching it under the influence. i didn't, but that would be cool. huh huh, huh, yeah butthead, really cool. all in all i give amadeus 10/13. so what i made up my own scale.

If you liked that movie... I highly recommend "Immortal Beloved." It's a movie about Beethoven that is really cool. I took a college course just on the life of Beethoven, and this movie tries to unravel one of the greatest mysteries in his life... a letter to his "Immortal Beloved."

yeah, gary oldman is the man.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:59 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:

Yeah, that's the one... he actually plays a good guy (Beethoven). His acting was amazing.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk