What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby confused_jake » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:00 am

I just watched "V for Vendetta" and i really enjoyed it. If you are a fan of 100% fighting scenes this isnt the movie for you, there is only about 3 fighting scenes in the whole movie.

9/10
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:51 am

aldridg6in wrote:I popped in a DVD and watched "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" tonight. One of the first movies I remember seeing the Wayans brothers in, and definitely one of their best in my opinion. It also has Jim Brown and Isaac Hayes in it. There are some really good one-liners and funny scenes. It's kinda dated now but I still think it holds up pretty well. I have a weird sense of humor so I enjoyed it more than some of my friends. Pretty solid overall. I give it 9/10.

that movie rules. i want a pair of pimp shoes with goldfish in them
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:36 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:I popped in a DVD and watched "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" tonight. One of the first movies I remember seeing the Wayans brothers in, and definitely one of their best in my opinion. It also has Jim Brown and Isaac Hayes in it. There are some really good one-liners and funny scenes. It's kinda dated now but I still think it holds up pretty well. I have a weird sense of humor so I enjoyed it more than some of my friends. Pretty solid overall. I give it 9/10.

I'm a big fan of this movie too. I first saw it on BET but than I rented it! Greta movie.

I was Pirates of the Caribean:Dead Mans chest. And I didn't really like the ending and it wa slow at parts, but a good movie non the less. 8/10 ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:13 pm

Tiki wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

I'm a big fan of this movie too. I first saw it on BET but than I rented it! Greta movie.

I was Pirates of the Caribean:Dead Mans chest. And I didn't really like the ending and it wa slow at parts, but a good movie non the less. 8/10 ;-D

alot of people seem to be complaining about the ending but i just don't know how else it was suuposed to end. it set up for the thrid movie which was the point. i thuoght it was quite fitting yself but i seem to be one of the few.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:30 pm

I finally found a copy of "Dead Man" with Johnny Depp watched it 2 times over the weekend. This movie is freaking awesome. cool story and cast, soundtrack by neil young. It is a western which I dig as well.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:24 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

Then you'd be all set for the Pimp of the Year competition. Maybe you could recite some poetry a la Fly Guy. That "poem" always cracked me up, as well as the kid's report on Abraham Lincoln.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Superman Returns in Imax 3-D in an altered state of mind. The effects were spectacular and downright trippy, plot was meh.

8/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:10 am

Redskins Win wrote:I finally found a copy of "Dead Man" with Johnny Depp watched it 2 times over the weekend. This movie is freaking awesome. cool story and cast, soundtrack by neil young. It is a western which I dig as well.

I watched it again 8-o ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:28 pm

goodfellas. never gets old. 9/10

go get your farking shine box! :-b :-D ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:59 am

Good Night and Good Luck- 6/10...this movie was just okay to me. Pretty slow and very dry considering the subject matter. I've seen History Channel programs more compelling, but it did have a great cast and it was interesting to see the how the media has evolved over time.

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada- If you're into dark comedies, then definitely watch this one. Tommy Lee Jones is great, but it's a pretty strange film overall. I've never seen Barry Pepper in a role quite like this one either. 7/10
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk