What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:02 am

I saw superman returns, and it was a pretty good movie the love drama was a little exhausting, but the superman scenes were way cool the effects were great. i'd give it a 8/10 Kevin Spacey was great in it.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:56 pm

the aristocrats. i started the movie and then realized it's an hour and a half. i thought there was no way i'd make it through an hour and a half of the same joke, over and over and over. but they did a nice job of mixing it up...throwing in other versions and the like. it's a terrible joke, but there are some very, very funny moments in this movie. i'm not going to recommend it to everyone, but there are a handful of friends i have that would really laugh their asses off at it.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:10 pm

moonhead wrote:the aristocrats. i started the movie and then realized it's an hour and a half. i thought there was no way i'd make it through an hour and a half of the same joke, over and over and over. but they did a nice job of mixing it up...throwing in other versions and the like. it's a terrible joke, but there are some very, very funny moments in this movie. i'm not going to recommend it to everyone, but there are a handful of friends i have that would really laugh their asses off at it.

i saw this. sadly, i'm so desensitized nothing really phased me, but it was OK.

i think my favorites were Sarah Silverman and the guy who did the card trick

...i also liked the reversal ones, where it's a clean act but they give it some offensive name
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:20 pm

i liked the ventriloquist guy with the dummy the best.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:24 pm

got some more reviews.

Heat- 9/10 Pacino Vs. DeNiro, now that's classic. Oh yeah and the main bank robbery scene is freakin' amazing, we're talking a major firefight. Val Kilmer, Sizemore, and DeNiro just going off with those assault rifles- now that's some action. COol flick.

King Kong- 8/10 Almost had too much special effects, but given the subject material what did you expect? they were still solid though... the movie kinda drags in the beginning but it's not that bad... and the ending was actually kind of touching.

Da Vince Code- 7.5/10 decent action/thriller/mystery. I'm not too familiar with the book and whatnot so the plot is kinda hard to understand and follow. It also jumps back and forth which can be confusing. Ian McKellan is great though, can he do no wrong these days?

Donnie Darko: directors cut- 10/10 One of my fav. movies. This version is superior IMO because it adds so much more visual imagery. The extra scenes also help flesh out the crazy story even more. Did I mention the soundtrack is amazing?
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:01 pm

cardiac cats wrote:Donnie Darko: directors cut- 10/10 One of my fav. movies. This version is superior IMO because it adds so much more visual imagery. The extra scenes also help flesh out the crazy story even more. Did I mention the soundtrack is amazing?

Without a doubt one of my favorites. I wish the soundtrack was released on CD...the only one I can find is just the instrumental parts of the movie.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:03 pm

Not technically a movie, but I did pick up and watch Pink Floyd's "Pulse" today. Awesome live show from one of the best bands ever. You definitely can't go wrong with the complete performance of "Dark Side of the Moon." Makes me wish they would reunite and do some shows in the states. As music DVDs go, a very solid 10/10.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:25 pm

aldridg6in wrote:Not technically a movie, but I did pick up and watch Pink Floyd's "Pulse" today. Awesome live show from one of the best bands ever. You definitely can't go wrong with the complete performance of "Dark Side of the Moon." Makes me wish they would reunite and do some shows in the states. As music DVDs go, a very solid 10/10.

any extras?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:28 pm

Can't wait to see Shyamalans new movie Lady in the Water opening this friday! I don't go to the theater much, maybe 2-3 times a year. Looks like another very interesting movie from a very interesting writer/director
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:30 pm

SniperShot wrote:Can't wait to see Shyamalans new movie Lady in the Water opening this friday! I don't go to the theater much, maybe 2-3 times a year. Looks like another very interesting movie from a very interesting writer/director

i won't pay any money ever again to see one of his movies in the theater.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk