What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:33 pm

moonhead wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Can't wait to see Shyamalans new movie Lady in the Water opening this friday! I don't go to the theater much, maybe 2-3 times a year. Looks like another very interesting movie from a very interesting writer/director

i won't pay any money ever again to see one of his movies in the theater.
Not a Shayamalan lover eh? Do you like any of his stuff? I loved Signs and Sixth Sense. The Village and Unbreakable were a notch below but still pretty good movies IMO.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:40 pm

SniperShot wrote:
moonhead wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Can't wait to see Shyamalans new movie Lady in the Water opening this friday! I don't go to the theater much, maybe 2-3 times a year. Looks like another very interesting movie from a very interesting writer/director

i won't pay any money ever again to see one of his movies in the theater.
Not a Shayamalan lover eh? Do you like any of his stuff? I loved Signs and Sixth Sense. The Village and Unbreakable were a notch below but still pretty good movies IMO.

it's all been downhill since the sixth sense
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:22 pm

i loved Signs. I thought Sixth Sense was ok, but a bit overated. Didn't care at all for Unbreakable or the Village. So he's 2 for 4 right now with me. I think the Lady in the Water has potential though.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:29 pm

moonhead wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:Not technically a movie, but I did pick up and watch Pink Floyd's "Pulse" today. Awesome live show from one of the best bands ever. You definitely can't go wrong with the complete performance of "Dark Side of the Moon." Makes me wish they would reunite and do some shows in the states. As music DVDs go, a very solid 10/10.

any extras?

I haven't made it around to watching those yet. I only watched the performance parts. There are some "bootleg" video performances, videos for "Learning to Fly" and "Take it Back", a backstage video, and a performance of "Wish You Were Here" with Billy Corgan. I'll see how those are later. I mainly wanted it for the concert footage.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:38 pm

bagobonez wrote:i loved Signs. I thought Sixth Sense was ok, but a bit overated. Didn't care at all for Unbreakable or the Village. So he's 2 for 4 right now with me. I think the Lady in the Water has potential though.

I like all of his movies to a certain degree. The first one I saw was Unbreakable and I really liked it. Signs is probably his best, with the Village as his worst even though I still like it. Lady in the Water looks like it could be good. Hopefully he still has some good ones in him.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moonhead » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:39 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
moonhead wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:Not technically a movie, but I did pick up and watch Pink Floyd's "Pulse" today. Awesome live show from one of the best bands ever. You definitely can't go wrong with the complete performance of "Dark Side of the Moon." Makes me wish they would reunite and do some shows in the states. As music DVDs go, a very solid 10/10.

any extras?

I haven't made it around to watching those yet. I only watched the performance parts. There are some "bootleg" video performances, videos for "Learning to Fly" and "Take it Back", a backstage video, and a performance of "Wish You Were Here" with Billy Corgan. I'll see how those are later. I mainly wanted it for the concert footage.

the acoustic wish you were here is from their rock and roll hall of fame induction. my birthday is coming up. i'll get it then. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:47 pm

Signs is so dumb. Water is their weakness yet they are completely fine on a planet where a large percentage of the air around them is made up of water.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelers39 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:49 pm

I saw Poseidon last night... pretty good ;-D
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
steelers39
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:17 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Signs is so dumb. Water is their weakness yet they are completely fine on a planet where a large percentage of the air around them is made up of water.

Swing away... :-? :-/ :-t

...and the Village? A nice twist would have been me getting my money back for that garbage.

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were pretty good though. i remember working at Blockbuster when that came out and we literally had people waiting by the drop box for a copy to come in. i just wanted to yell out "he's dead the whole movie!!! now go home"

probably will see Lady on DVD
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:27 am

the keeeeids. they called me mr. glass! :-t
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk