What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:37 pm

bubble boy - really a pretty funny movie. i had not seen it in years. i laughed several times pretty hard. 7.5/10

coming to america - what can i say. this is the second funniest and second most quotable comedies of all time. right behind caddyshack. 9/10. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby josebach » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:11 pm

moonhead wrote:bubble boy - really a pretty funny movie. i had not seen it in years. i laughed several times pretty hard. 7.5/10

coming to america - what can i say. this is the second funniest and second most quotable comedies of all time. right behind caddyshack. 9/10. ;-D

five hundred dollas? five hundred dollas!!!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby bolkonsky » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:18 pm

Against my better judgment, I saw Clerks II today. Horrible, but I did have a few laughs.
Hello, China? I have something you may want. But it's gonna cost you. That's right. All the tea.
bolkonsky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:23 pm

Slingblade

Never seen it before, and the acting from Billy Bob and the little kid was absolutely sensational. I usually don't like movies focused on relationships with little action, but this was really good.

"Some folks call it a slingblade, but I call it a Kaiser blade."

8.5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:34 pm

bolkonsky wrote:Against my better judgment, I saw Clerks II today. Horrible, but I did have a few laughs.

Horrible? What were you expecting, Forrest Gump? Every Kevin Smith fan I've seen a review from or talked to about it has liked it, including myself.

If you don't like Kevin Smith movies, don't bother watching it. If you do like his movies, I really don't know how you could possibly not like it. It was definitely better than I thought it was going to be.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby logan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:52 pm

josebach wrote:
bolkonsky wrote:Against my better judgment, I saw Clerks II today. Horrible, but I did have a few laughs.

Horrible? What were you expecting, Forrest Gump? Every Kevin Smith fan I've seen a review from or talked to about it has liked it, including myself.

If you don't like Kevin Smith movies, don't bother watching it. If you do like his movies, I really don't know how you could possibly not like it. It was definitely better than I thought it was going to be.

i thought it was pretty good myself. highly enjoyable.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby bolkonsky » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:05 pm

If Forrest Gump is your gold-standard, then we are on two very different frequencies.

As for Kevin Smith, I think he is an average filmmaker with (fleeting) above-average moments. I went to go see the movie because a) although I am a relatively tough critic, I will see almost anything, and b) I wanted to form my own opinion of a movie that was getting better reviews than I expected.
Hello, China? I have something you may want. But it's gonna cost you. That's right. All the tea.
bolkonsky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:08 pm

I saw Hostel I actually thought it was pretty good. After all the bashing it recieved my expectation were pretty low.
I must say that i almost became desensitized to b00bs and nudity cause that's all there was in first part, by hey, I did say ALMOST. 7/10 is my rating

I also saw Aeon Flux eh not bad realtively entertaining I'd give it a solid 7 also.

Up next, underworld evolution.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:12 pm

I saw "The Lady in the Water" this weekend and unfortunately, I cannot recommend anyone go see it. Everything about the story was incredibly random. It was as if they were improvising the script as they went. Seriously, the entire movie was like a 2 hour long mad lib. The only thing that made the movie watchable was the acting and a few funny lines. I'm a BIG fan of his and liked all of his previous four movies including "The Village", but I just can't bring myself to say this is a good movie.

I may be wrong, but this totally came across like a vanity project that he didn't care if anybody liked it or not.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby logan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:26 pm

josebach wrote:I saw "The Lady in the Water" this weekend and unfortunately, I cannot recommend anyone go see it. Everything about the story was incredibly random. It was as if they were improvising the script as they went. Seriously, the entire movie was like a 2 hour long mad lib. The only thing that made the movie watchable was the acting and a few funny lines. I'm a BIG fan of his and liked all of his previous four movies including "The Village", but I just can't bring myself to say this is a good movie.

I may be wrong, but this totally came across like a vanity project that he didn't care if anybody liked it or not.

another i agree with. if it wasn't for paul giamatti the movie would be utterly unwatchable. that being said stay far away.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk