What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:31 am

Derailed with Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston...alot better than i expected...basically Owen and Aniston are unhappy married people who meet but their attempt at an affair is interrupted by a mugging and things only get worse. i'd reccomend it if you like thrillers
8/10

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang Robert Downey Jr and a gay Val Kilmer in a movie that's hard to describe. Downey Jr is a burgler who accidentally gets cast as an actor and is getting PI lessons from Kilmer when they get caught up in a murder plot and have to do some real investiagting. has that film noir feel with enough comedy, action and boobs to keep you interested. also has Shannon Sossymon (sp?) who i think is real hot but it's a small part
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:37 am

Watched Star Wars Episode III on DVD again. Hadn't watched it in a while. Man, the dialogue is the cheesiest... actual makes me cringe. "I love you, no I love you more. You so beautiful because I'm so in love you with you." :-P :-P She's dead... "NO!!!" :-P :-P

"Don't try it, I have the high ground" - that was just a dumb way for Annakin to lose. For 10 mins. prior they are fighting all over the place, now all of a sudden, the high ground matters?? (btw- which was a slight hill) :-?

The coolest part of the whole movie is when Annakin spots Ben in the Ship right before the duel... nice music and mood. The actual showdown was ok.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:53 am

bagobonez wrote:Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest - 8/10 - Gets kind of silly, but I guess that was their intent. I liked it.

Good way to describe this movie. I enjoyed it, but it did get kind of silly. I really thought they could have done a better job with the sea monsters/pirate guys...you couldn't even tell if some had eyes or not...I liked the half-dead pirates in the first episode better.

The Matador- 7/10- Brosnan's character is incredible and Kinnear does a good job as straight man, as always. Very entertaining and witty flick...it's short, funny,and to the point.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:29 am

Not sure if this has been reviewed but my 2 cents on "My Super Ex Girlfriend" Entertaining, amusing, some chuckles, the shark scene was funny. Uma thurman is not hot barely attractive though the other chick was quite cute. this flick is predictable from the get go. so don't for any cerebral stimulation, just an entertaining flick.

7/10
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:37 am

Layer Cake - I thought this movie was awesome. I would recommend it to anyone who like a good action movie, only slightly worse than Snatch and Lock, Stock...

8.5/10

A Clockwork Orange - Very bizarre, but good nonetheless. I really don't know what else to say.

7.5/10
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:39 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Layer Cake - I thought this movie was awesome. I would recommend it to anyone who like a good action movie, only slightly worse than Snatch and Lock, Stock...

8.5/10

yeah, it was a good one...i wouldnt mind watching this one again becasue i wasnt 100% sure what happened. like all British gangster movies they have too many guys who look/sound alike and i get confused who is who

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:A Clockwork Orange - Very bizarre, but good nonetheless. I really don't know what else to say.

7.5/10

how about:
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:38 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Layer Cake - I thought this movie was awesome. I would recommend it to anyone who like a good action movie, only slightly worse than Snatch and Lock, Stock...

8.5/10

yeah, it was a good one...i wouldnt mind watching this one again becasue i wasnt 100% sure what happened. like all British gangster movies they have too many guys who look/sound alike and i get confused who is who

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:A Clockwork Orange - Very bizarre, but good nonetheless. I really don't know what else to say.

7.5/10

how about:
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

I'm ripping Layer Cake right now. Just got it in from Netflix. The main character is going to play the role of the new James Bond.

Clockwork Orange is a classic. "I'm singing in the rain..." :-)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:08 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

8.5/10

7.5/10

how about:

That says it perfectly.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:08 pm

I've been eyeballing Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang so I'll have to check that out.

Just saw American Beauty for the first time. Wow! Amazing storytelling and extremely strong acting from Kevin Spacey and Annette Benning. I already knew Spacey was a stud in the acting department, but Benning really shocked me as the career-oriented, controlling wife. Tremendous peformance from her and a very convincing one at that. Emotions run high for Benning's character throughout the film and there's not one instance where you don't find her interesting. Spacey is hilarious and sad at the same time as the deadbeat husband turned rebel. Watch this film and it's easy to see why he won Best Actor at the Academy Awards.

I'd love to see what's become of Wes Bentley, Thora Birch's quirky neighbor. His performance really stood out as emotionally powerful, especially for a virtually unknown actor surrounded by big-time Hollywood talent. Birch was strong as Spacey and Benning's seemingly forgotten daughter. I had no idea she was just 17 when this was filmed. She showed a maturity beyond her years. Mena Suvari looked great. 8-o Chris Cooper and a host of others round out the impressive cast. I look forward to listening to the director's commentary later this evening. Should be very insightful. All in all, an easy 10/10. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:12 pm

Rented 8-feet Below last night. It bored the hell out of me, but my wife liked it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk