What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aldridg6in » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:59 pm

I watched Aeon Flux last night. Not great, but not really as bad as what most critics rated it. There's not a whole lot of action, but the story is fairly interesting. Kind of easy to figure out if you pay attention. Best thing about it is lots of Charlize Theron. I'd give it 6/10.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:55 pm

aldridg6in wrote:I watched Aeon Flux last night. Not great, but not really as bad as what most critics rated it. There's not a whole lot of action, but the story is fairly interesting. Kind of easy to figure out if you pay attention. Best thing about it is lots of Charlize Theron. I'd give it 6/10.

I agree with that review. ;-D though i think she should've been more scantily clad.

Last nite the IFC played one of my all time favorite horror flicks
The Evil Dead ;-D

I just love this movie. But i do like evil dead 2 more, when an highly altered state of conscience is employed. ;-D ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:13 pm

footballchick23 wrote:I highly recommend The World's Fastest Indian- not sure if this film went straight to DVD, but it shouldn't have. It stars Anthony Hopkins as Bert Munroe, a 60-something Kiwi who has this 1920's motorcylce called The Indian. He makes his own pistons in his little shack and races it on the beaches of New Zealand. His goal is to make it to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah for Speed Week to see how fast the bike can really go. Hopkins is tremendous, as usual, and the story is amazing. Very entertaining, hearltfelt, witty, some good action shots...all around a great movie. Hadn't even heard of the movie before until we saw the preview on one of our Netflix movies...glad we didn't skip through those previews like we normally do!

I saw that movie a week or two ago. I thought it was alright. It was an interesting little story. I liked the main character, he was almost a carbon copy of my grandfather. :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:13 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Watched Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, and The Ring Two.

If you're unfamiliar with the first two, they are directed by Korean director Chan Wook Park. IMO, he's awesome. I love his stuff. He did a revenge "trilogy." I use trilogy loosely because the movies aren't sequential and don't interweave at all. It's just 3 movies he made in a row with revenge in them.

Oldboy and Lady Vengeance were great...with Oldboy being better IMO. I was kinda disappointed by Mr. Vengeance...probably because of high expectations.

They are very dark, very sad, and sometimes very bloody and disgusting. But they are very good movies. If you want to check one out, check out Oldboy...i rented it from Netflix.

For some reason, I just got around to watching The Ring Two. It was kinda lame...some cheap scares and such. The coolest thing was checking IMDB after seeing it...apparently, the girl from the first movie is 16 now, but looks 20+. It's weird because that movie didn't seem that long ago.

And the evil Samara (who looks disgusting in the movie) is super cute in real life! Evil Samara = Kelly Stables

Wow, Samara is pretty hot these days. Still, imagine her just getting out of the shower with her hair wet and in front of her face. I might be just as scared as I would be turned on. :-b
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:25 pm

Talladega Nights - 8/10

Freaking hilarious. I love Will Ferrell. Not as funny as Anchorman, but very funny none the less.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:40 pm

bagobonez wrote:Talladega Nights - 8/10

Freaking hilarious. I love Will Ferrell. Not as funny as Anchorman, but very funny none the less.

This is exactly what I would say, I thought it would be better but it was still very funny. As per there were some very memorable quotes.

"If you're not first you're last."
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:05 pm

I watched three movies this weekend:

1) V for Vendetta - I agree with what Cheesehead said a few pages back. This was an excellent movie and definitely worth the money to buy. Better than the last 2 Matrix movies by far. 10/10.

2) Eurotrip - Pretty funny, even if it's not the greatest story out there. At only 1 1/2 hours it can get by with what it is. Any longer and it definitely would have suffered. "Scotty Doesn't Know" has to be one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard in a movie. 7/10.

3) The Island - Another good one that I'm glad I bought. There's some pretty good action scenes in there and the story is pretty good. Plus, my girl Scarlett is in there so that makes it a little better off. 8/10.

I'm going to watch Talladega Nights tomorrow night, so hopefully it's worth the price of admission.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:23 am

I saw the Ringer, some funny scenes a bunch of chuckles. but ehh, it's ok. 6/10

I also saw the Matador. jeez what a crap fest. boring nothing happens I wanted to gored by a bull by the time it was over. the acting was solid it was just a boring a$$ flick. 4/10
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:40 pm

Just got back from watching Talladega Nights. It kinda drug on in the middle but there are plenty of laughs throughout. You really don't have to be a Nascar fan to enjoy it, though it helps a little bit knowing some of the personalities involved. One of Ferrell's better movies if you ask me. 8/10.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:52 am

someone suggested a japamaneese movie called audition. i must say i want to punch whoever suggested this. yeah it's sort of disturbing but you have to weed through 1 hr and 15 minutes of BS, and it's subtitled. I can't say that the last 20 minutes was worth it but was sort of sick.
2/10 for the first hour, and 8/10 for the last 20 minutes.
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk