What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:03 pm

Anyone seen or going to see WTC?
Last edited by J2thez929 on Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:19 am

J2thez929 wrote:Anyone seem or going to see WTC?

i'm not sure i want to go to a movie that is deliberately trying to use my feelings against me. and i don't like nic cage. i do kind of want to see it, but i'm not sure i want them to make me feel how they are going to make me feel.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby josebach » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:51 am

moonhead wrote:

i'm not sure i want to go to a movie that is deliberately trying to use my feelings against me. and i don't like nic cage. i do kind of want to see it, but i'm not sure i want them to make me feel how they are going to make me feel.

That's really the question anybody that is considering watching it needs to answer. From what I understand, it's not a political movie at all, but rather a survival story told through the perspective of a few police officers.

I'm not sure I'm going to see it in the theaters or not, but I'll definitely see it sooner or later. The previews look really good... and scary.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:44 am

moonhead wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:someone suggested a japamaneese movie called audition. i must say i want to punch whoever suggested this. yeah it's sort of disturbing but you have to weed through 1 hr and 15 minutes of BS, and it's subtitled. I can't say that the last 20 minutes was worth it but was sort of sick.
2/10 for the first hour, and 8/10 for the last 20 minutes.

i have said no less than 3 times in this thread not to watch this movie. it's overrated and boring. i warned everyone to stay away.

I reckon I missed that memo. dik :-]
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:50 pm

I want to. Just need to find the time.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:08 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Anyone seen or going to see WTC?
I think I will, but I dunno. Gotta be in the right state of mind (Not drug induced, I have a frickin' heart!) just be ready to remember something terrible.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:20 pm

went and saw...

The Descent- 9/10 Good horror flick. It's dark, tense, uneasy, and very claustrophobic... and then the real horror begins. I was also pleasantly surprised with the character development, there are some intriguing relationships that are really put to the test as everything spirals outta control. I like it ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:45 pm

you know what? this is a long freakin' thread, anyways, discuss.

BTW, I was thinking about going to see world trade center, looks good.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:42 am

Rented V for Vendetta yesterday based on the positive reviews here.

Before viewing, I was a little skeptical about a movie that was said to condone terrorism. However, I see no correlation with the movie and real-life events. For starters, the civilian population were not the targets and the goal was not to terrorize/kill them... quite the opposite.

I'm also suspending my suspicion that this was a blast on the US, Britain, and Christianity.

Yes, the movie attacked "conservative Christians" openly... and made a big deal about the Koran a couple of times (yet nobody in the movie believes in it... do you find that intriguing?). They also imply the governments are capable of attacks on their own population to seize civil liberties.

I think this movie was a Trojan horse. Flip the nations and religions.... the movie is palatable in countries where totalitarianism, government censorship, media control, and a certain religion is currently reigning... and we all know it's not the US or Britain.

The W. Brothers are well known for trying to preach in their movies (politics and religion). Not everyone agrees with their methods, politics, or theology, but this certainly was another cut of the Matrix.

The movie also correctly identifies itself for what it is... a plot knock off of the Count of Monte Cristo (with a little dab of Phantom of the Opera too). I was please that they acknowledged it, because I would have felt deceived/cheated otherwise.

Great flick, left me thinking. 9.5/10 (didn't find the cursing necessary, e.g. "JC!", but they do this in a bunch of their movies).
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:42 am

yeah i saw V for vendetta. I thought it sucked. Lots of pretentious babble. nothing visually stimulating about. they never even delve into the V's back ground of what made him so powerful and all karate-licious. not to mention long drawn out boring scenes. I hated this movie and had really no expectatioins going in. i don't really understand all the praise it got from so many around here. Chalk me as a hater of this boring flick. natalie portmans accent bugged me as well as that V dude. stoopid stoopid stoopid. doesn't even rate a rating. :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk