What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:12 pm

Redskins Win wrote:yeah i saw V for vendetta. I thought it sucked. Lots of pretentious babble. nothing visually stimulating about. they never even delve into the V's back ground of what made him so powerful and all karate-licious. not to mention long drawn out boring scenes. I hated this movie and had really no expectatioins going in. i don't really understand all the praise it got from so many around here. Chalk me as a hater of this boring flick. natalie portmans accent bugged me as well as that V dude. stoopid stoopid stoopid. doesn't even rate a rating. :-t


This coming from a guy that agreed Aeon Flux was a 6/10 :-?

I don't get how this movie is boring.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:17 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:yeah i saw V for vendetta. I thought it sucked. Lots of pretentious babble. nothing visually stimulating about. they never even delve into the V's back ground of what made him so powerful and all karate-licious. not to mention long drawn out boring scenes. I hated this movie and had really no expectatioins going in. i don't really understand all the praise it got from so many around here. Chalk me as a hater of this boring flick. natalie portmans accent bugged me as well as that V dude. stoopid stoopid stoopid. doesn't even rate a rating. :-t


This coming from a guy that agreed Aeon Flux was a 6/10 :-?

I don't get how this movie is boring.


I don't get how anyone thinks its not. believe me I like far fettched scifi-ish whacky movies but to me this one sucked monkey balls. probably one of the worst movies i've ever seen. and i watched it twice.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:20 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:yeah i saw V for vendetta. I thought it sucked. Lots of pretentious babble. nothing visually stimulating about. they never even delve into the V's back ground of what made him so powerful and all karate-licious. not to mention long drawn out boring scenes. I hated this movie and had really no expectatioins going in. i don't really understand all the praise it got from so many around here. Chalk me as a hater of this boring flick. natalie portmans accent bugged me as well as that V dude. stoopid stoopid stoopid. doesn't even rate a rating. :-t


This coming from a guy that agreed Aeon Flux was a 6/10 :-?

I don't get how this movie is boring.


Saw your post about the 1st Matrix in the other discussion... explains a lot. If you thought the 1st Matrix was boring... there's no way you'd like this movie.

I don't get how anyone thinks its not. believe me I like far fettched scifi-ish whacky movies but to me this one sucked monkey balls. probably one of the worst movies i've ever seen. and i watched it twice.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:37 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:yeah i saw V for vendetta. I thought it sucked. Lots of pretentious babble. nothing visually stimulating about. they never even delve into the V's back ground of what made him so powerful and all karate-licious. not to mention long drawn out boring scenes. I hated this movie and had really no expectatioins going in. i don't really understand all the praise it got from so many around here. Chalk me as a hater of this boring flick. natalie portmans accent bugged me as well as that V dude. stoopid stoopid stoopid. doesn't even rate a rating. :-t


This coming from a guy that agreed Aeon Flux was a 6/10 :-?

I don't get how this movie is boring.



I don't get how anyone thinks its not. believe me I like far fettched scifi-ish whacky movies but to me this one sucked monkey balls. probably one of the worst movies i've ever seen. and i watched it twice.



Twisted Sister wrote:Saw your post about the 1st Matrix in the other discussion... explains a lot. If you thought the 1st Matrix was boring... there's no way you'd like this movie.


the first matrix was a little slow getting started that's all, once he get on the ship it starts moving. V gave me the impression that it was gonna start moving with the inital alley fight scene but that was all it was. nothing much cooler.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:53 pm

My dad rented "Das Boot" some 80's German submarine war move. It follows a WWII Nazi U-boat. It was in German and we watched it sub-titled. I really like sub movies and this was very good, with all types of action and suspense in it.

8.5/10
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2636
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NC State

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:55 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:My dad rented "Das Boot" some 80's German submarine war move. It follows a WWII Nazi U-boat. It was in German and we watched it sub-titled. I really like sub movies and this was very good, with all types of action and suspense in it.

8.5/10


True dat excellent movie, you can almost smell the stink on the sub. they did remake it however in english.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:My dad rented "Das Boot" some 80's German submarine war move. It follows a WWII Nazi U-boat. It was in German and we watched it sub-titled. I really like sub movies and this was very good, with all types of action and suspense in it.

8.5/10


True dat excellent movie, you can almost smell the stink on the sub. they did remake it however in english.


Yeah I know it is almost freakish realistic. We could have watched it in English but that always seems cheesy to me. I'd rather have the real voices with subtitles, it makes it feel more authentic
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2636
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NC State

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:27 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:My dad rented "Das Boot" some 80's German submarine war move. It follows a WWII Nazi U-boat. It was in German and we watched it sub-titled. I really like sub movies and this was very good, with all types of action and suspense in it.

8.5/10


True dat excellent movie, you can almost smell the stink on the sub. they did remake it however in english.


Yeah I know it is almost freakish realistic. We could have watched it in English but that always seems cheesy to me. I'd rather have the real voices with subtitles, it makes it feel more authentic


Great flick. Yeah I hate voice overs too, good way to ruin a kick ass movie. Except kung-fu flicks, sometimes thats just funny. :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:54 am

saw 3 movies recently......

1) descent....creepy and clostrophobic yes, but i felt a lot was missing from this movie...no doubt is getting good reviews because its different and i agree somewhat....but, i still think it could have been better...for those of you that wonder what its about...a bunch of lesbian british women stuck in a cave being chased by flesh eating golum's (lord of the rings)...

gets a 7.5/10

2) taladaga nights..cant go wrong with a goofy movie including will farell (thats not a kid flick such as elf or that soccer movie!)...however, i am insulted by that jackass on cold pizza that questioned whether people in the south even get the joke...please asswhole...

gets a 9/10

3) world trade center...different storyline than i was expecting, being that it was so solely based on guys trapped under the rubble...very good flick...not controversial imo like some critics said...its based on courage, not conspiracy, etc...people were balling in the movie (i held back tears)...it is an ode to the courage and the event (strength we as americans showed)...

gets a 10/10
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 883
Joined: 8 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatonepoorkid » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:56 am

i saw taladaga nights a few days ago and it was one of wills bests
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:04 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact