What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:40 am

I saw inside man tonight. Great movie, Spike Lee does it again! ;-D
9/10 (^)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:53 am

Tiki wrote:I saw inside man tonight. Great movie, Spike Lee does it again! ;-D
9/10 (^)

I am a huge fan of Denzel Washington, but this movie really disappointed me.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:05 am

I just watched Inside Man too and liked it. However, there really wasn't any true climax.

It was pretty cool how everything unfolded though.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:29 am

I saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It was an entertaining flick, downey's narration was kinda cool. 7/10 they drop the F bomb alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:37 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It was an entertaining flick, downey's narration was kinda cool. 7/10 they drop the F bomb alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i was suprised by this flick...it wasnt what i expected but it was pretty cool ;-D ...and had boobs ;-D ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:44 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:I saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It was an entertaining flick, downey's narration was kinda cool. 7/10 they drop the F bomb alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i was suprised by this flick...it wasnt what i expected but it was pretty cool ;-D ...and had boobs ;-D ;-D

Any movie that has Downey getting his ass beat pretty much the entire move is a winner! ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:49 pm

Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Any movie that has Downey getting his ass beat pretty much the entire move is a winner! ;-D

So was the Val Kilmer character gay or not?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Just saw Grizzly Man. Very disturbing and very sad. The documentary features Tim Treadwell, an animal lover who's passion for Grizzly Bears ends up getting him and his girlfriend killed in the Alaskan frontier. Before the killing takes place, the footage shows him getting frighteningly close to Grizzly's in the Alaskan wilderness. Some question whether Treadwell had a passion for Grizzly's or a death wish driven by deep emotional issues. Personally, I think he was just plain nuts. During most of the film, Treadwell spends months on end in solitude, possibly clouding his mind and slowly driving him insane. Just watching the film, you can graudually see Treadwell lose his mind as the documentary progresses. The footage of the bears in the wild is amazing, so I will credit Treadwell for his filmmaking ability, but as I said before, it came with a tragic price.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:59 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

So was the Val Kilmer character gay or not?

They never had him making out with any dudes but his characters name was Gay Perry.
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:08 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw Grizzly Man. Very disturbing and very sad. The documentary features Tim Treadwell, an animal lover who's passion for Grizzly Bears ends up getting him and his girlfriend killed in the Alaskan frontier. Before the killing takes place, the footage shows him getting frighteningly close to Grizzly's in the Alaskan wilderness. Some question whether Treadwell had a passion for Grizzly's or a death wish driven by deep emotional issues. Personally, I think he was just plain nuts. During most of the film, Treadwell spends months on end in solitude, possibly clouding his mind and slowly driving him insane. Just watching the film, you can graudually see Treadwell lose his mind as the documentary progresses. The footage of the bears in the wild is amazing, so I will credit Treadwell for his filmmaking ability, but as I said before, it came with a tragic price.

I saw it a few months back and agree, very tragic. I feel most sad for his girlfriend she had to witness Treadwell being attacked before the bear got to her. In my opinion he was over stepping his bounds. His mauling or death was just a matter of time. I have a morbid curiosty about the audio of the attack(the camera was rolling but the lens cap was on). It will never be heard though.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk