What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Captain » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:40 pm

bagobonez wrote:The Thing. 7/10

I'm sure it was great back in it's day, and it wasn't too bad even after all this time.

It's still a creepy flick for being 25 years old. I used to watch it on the movie channels when we had cable. It creeped me out then and it still manages to creep me out now. The special effects were awesome and John Carpenter has a wicked mind.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wickerkat » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:31 am

saw a scanner darkly, linklater on philip k dick, very good and the al gore an inconvenient truth, go see it, very good

peace,
richard
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bagobonez » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:41 am

World Trade Center 7/10

Pretty good. Not quite as good as I was hoping for, but my hopes were pretty high. Didn't really like Cage's acting in this one for some reason. Maybe it was that forced New York accent, I dunno.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:44 am

Went to see Invincable today.

It was pretty good. I took my girlfriend and she is not a football fan, you could say she hates it. Yet she liked it aswell so that shows ya its not to bad.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:44 pm

Went to see Crank yesterday - great action, silly plot, about what I expected...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FFSurgeon » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:28 pm

Saw The Sentinel on DVD last night. I'm a 24 fan so I thought I'd enjoy it, but it really was just ok. Action wasn't bad, but overall kind of a boring movie. Not a horrible use of a couple hours though. 6.5/10.
FFSurgeon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Captain » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Jimboozie wrote:My friend scored some free passes to see Silent Hill. I went in with low expectations since most video game movies are garbage. Suprisingly, Silent Hill was not bad at all. I give it 7/10 stars. If you have ever played the original Silent Hill game then the beginning of the movie will be very familiar to you. Later on into the movie, the plot branches out away from the video game (Big Schocker!)

What I liked most about the movie was the great score and stunning visuals. The movie makers did a great job capturing the Silent Hill look and feel. The movie does lack a bit of punch in the horror department and the story is a bit hard to follow. All in all it was a decent horror flick that could have been better but also could have been much worse than what it was.

I saw Silent Hill this afternoon and I would only give it a 5 / 10.

While I never played the video game I was familiar with the story and wanted to see how this transcended onto the screen. I thought the special effects were good and the gore was tame at best but two things bothered me about this movie:

1. I agree with Jimboozie - the plot was very difficult to follow. There was a lot of bouncing back and forth between this world and the "other" world and the connection between the two got lost.

2. The end - yet another movie which failed to tie up the loose ends. I was left scratching my head and saying to myself "that's it?"

Overall it wasn't bad but a little less difficult plot and a better ending might have gotten me to give it a better score.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:22 pm

The_Captain wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:My friend scored some free passes to see Silent Hill. I went in with low expectations since most video game movies are garbage. Suprisingly, Silent Hill was not bad at all. I give it 7/10 stars. If you have ever played the original Silent Hill game then the beginning of the movie will be very familiar to you. Later on into the movie, the plot branches out away from the video game (Big Schocker!)

What I liked most about the movie was the great score and stunning visuals. The movie makers did a great job capturing the Silent Hill look and feel. The movie does lack a bit of punch in the horror department and the story is a bit hard to follow. All in all it was a decent horror flick that could have been better but also could have been much worse than what it was.

While I never played the video game I was familiar with the story and wanted to see how this transcended onto the screen. I thought the special effects were good and the gore was tame at best but two things bothered me about this movie:

1. I agree with Jimboozie - the plot was very difficult to follow. There was a lot of bouncing back and forth between this world and the "other" world and the connection between the two got lost.

2. The end - yet another movie which failed to tie up the loose ends. I was left scratching my head and saying to myself "that's it?"

Overall it wasn't bad but a little less difficult plot and a better ending might have gotten me to give it a better score.

i agree with these summaries.

i have played all of the silent hill games, and beaten two of them. the cinematography was on point, as was the mood...but it just seemed lacking. the game itself often dealt with world shifting, so i had a better understanding of the movie than a person that hadnt played the game....i could see how that could throw a lot of people off.

overall i would say this movie did nothing for me....and the ending was horrible.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:08 am

I saw V for Vendetta. Awesome! Great story line, acting, and V was just cool as the other side of the pillow. Very good thinking movie!

10/10
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:12 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:

i agree with these summaries.

i have played all of the silent hill games, and beaten two of them. the cinematography was on point, as was the mood...but it just seemed lacking. the game itself often dealt with world shifting, so i had a better understanding of the movie than a person that hadnt played the game....i could see how that could throw a lot of people off.

overall i would say this movie did nothing for me....and the ending was horrible.

I am in 1000% in agreement. I really expected this to be scarey. it wasn't. it was entertaining and disjointed.

J2thez929 wrote:I saw V for Vendetta. Awesome! Great story line, acting, and V was just cool as the other side of the pillow. Very good thinking movie!

10/10

You are on CRACK. that movie BLOWS, and by BLOWS I mean suks. :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk