What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:39 pm

Saw United 93 last night.

Really gives you some interesting insight into 9/11 and I highly recommend it. Very well done.

I give it a 9/10.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:01 pm

Watched Sneakers the other night...

Pretty sweet cast of actors in it and they kept the technology terms to a minimal so they wouldnt be out of date before the movie was released unlike the movie Hackers(they list a speeding 28.8 modem in it and crap like that throughout the entire movie)

Overall this movie is a classic.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:05 pm

I just got done watching Click with my girl. I'd give a 7/10. Had some decent comedy but it contained a lot more serious stuff that I had thought. I guess when it was all said and done, Click was a good flick. I recommend you guys watch it with your girl/wife. It will make them teary-eyed and then you will most likely get some after that movie B-) ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:32 am

I've been busy catching up with Lost, so I've cut down on my movie viewing.

I did see Lucky Number Slevin.

Great cast (Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley, Lucy Liu, Stanley Tucci).

It's a movie with twists and turns...so it's tough to give a full review without giving anything away. Overall, I liked it. I've hated in Hartnett in other movies I've seen him in, but he's not bad here. If you're into crime thrillers, you'll probably like this...it'll remind you of some other movies in the genre. The movies that it'll remind you of were better...but this is still worth a watch.

I'll definitely be seeing The Prestige this weekend. Christian Bale is my favorite actor.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:45 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I've been busy catching up with Lost, so I've cut down on my movie viewing.

Great cast (Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley, Lucy Liu, Stanley Tucci).

It's a movie with twists and turns...so it's tough to give a full review without giving anything away. Overall, I liked it. I've hated in Hartnett in other movies I've seen him in, but he's not bad here. If you're into crime thrillers, you'll probably like this...it'll remind you of some other movies in the genre. The movies that it'll remind you of were better...but this is still worth a watch.

I'll definitely be seeing The Prestige this weekend. Christian Bale is my favorite actor.

I liked slevin as well except for the long explantion by the cop at the end. seems like it was thrown in for the people that didn't get what was going on.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:46 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I've been busy catching up with Lost, so I've cut down on my movie viewing.

Yeah, Slevin was a good flick. I'll probably buy it when it goes on sale for around $10.

I plan on seeing "The Prestige" this weekend also. I wouldn't necessarily say he's my favorite actor, but he's definitely up there. Growing up, "Empire of the Sun" was my favorite movie and is still in my top 10 or so. I've seen everything he's done since that. Also, Christian Bale is in a movie coming out soon called "Harsh Times". Check out the trailer... it looks REALLY good!!!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:51 am

josebach wrote:Yeah, Slevin was a good flick. I'll probably buy it when it goes on sale for around $10.

I plan on seeing "The Prestige" this weekend also. I wouldn't necessarily say he's my favorite actor, but he's definitely up there. Growing up, "Empire of the Sun" was my favorite movie and is still in my top 10 or so. I've seen everything he's done since that. Also, Christian Bale is in a movie coming out soon called "Harsh Times". Check out the trailer... it looks REALLY good!!!

I've been waiting to see Harsh Times. When I checked IMDB, I saw that it said 2005 next to it and I was thoroughly confused. Now, I see that it has a November 10th release date in the US.

I'll definitely be seeing that too.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:52 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
josebach wrote:Yeah, Slevin was a good flick. I'll probably buy it when it goes on sale for around $10.

I've been waiting to see Harsh Times. When I checked IMDB, I saw that it said 2005 next to it and I was thoroughly confused. Now, I see that it has a November 10th release date in the US.

I'll definitely be seeing that too.

For those who haven't seen the trailer...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808716045/trailer
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:17 pm

speaking of Chrisitan Bale...

I purchased American Psycho: Killer Collector's edition on a whim, and I'm glad I did.

American Psycho-8.5/10 Bale gives an amazing performance as the wall street yuppie/inner pyschopath. The movie is hard to catergorize- it's almost a satirical "morbid" comedy with some extreme violence/sex thrown in for good measure. It could very easily be seen as a character study kinda movie. The ending was confusing(at least to me) and certainly surprised me; still debating whether or not it could have been done better. Either way, good movie. I'm glad I purchased it.... and the case is cool ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cardiac cats » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:19 pm

watched Saving Private Ryan on HBO today...

Saving Private Ryan-9/10 great war flick. The Normandy Beach scene was intense ;-D The picture quality itself looks very gritty and realistic- I dug it. Great cast, great action- not much more to say.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk