What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:41 pm

I saw Employee of the Month tonight. Jessica Simpson was about the only good thing in it. There were some funny slapstick moments, but for a guy of Dane's magnitude, I was dissapointed in the dialgoue and the whole thing overall.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:12 am

cardiac cats wrote:speaking of Chrisitan Bale...

I purchased American Psycho: Killer Collector's edition on a whim, and I'm glad I did.

American Psycho-8.5/10 Bale gives an amazing performance as the wall street yuppie/inner pyschopath. The movie is hard to catergorize- it's almost a satirical "morbid" comedy with some extreme violence/sex thrown in for good measure. It could very easily be seen as a character study kinda movie. The ending was confusing(at least to me) and certainly surprised me; still debating whether or not it could have been done better. Either way, good movie. I'm glad I purchased it.... and the case is cool ;-D

It's in my top 5. Great movie.

My friend and I quote it constantly. Our goal is to open up a restaurant called Dorsia.

Edit: I didn't get to see The Prestige this weekend. I was gonna see it after football on Sunday, but I was lazy. I'll see it some night this week. Should be great.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:25 am

The Departed- 7.5/10- How can you go wrong with that cast I guess...not a huge Matt Damon fan, but I don't think anyone else could have played that part better. Leo was incredible...Scorcese seems to bring out the best in him. Overall great story, slightly disjointed in some parts, but still entertaining. Can't really go into to much depth without giving it away, but the ending was definitely the best part of the movie.

V for Vendetta- 8.5/10- One of the better movies I've seen....wish I had seen it in the theaters also. Good storyline and I like the whole government conspiracy stuff. The part where she was held captive was incredible!

Quick note...love Christian Bale too...ever since Empire of the Sun. Glad to see he's still getting some good roles.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:21 am

I was bored yesterday before football so I rented United 97. It was a sad movie as I expected but I did like how they focused on the air traffic controllers and the chaos that happened on that day. The camera was very shaky for some reason but I got used to it. In the end, it was a good movie about the heroes of that flight and what happened to them on that day...
Last edited by J2thez929 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:53 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:speaking of Chrisitan Bale...

I purchased American Psycho: Killer Collector's edition on a whim, and I'm glad I did.

American Psycho-8.5/10 Bale gives an amazing performance as the wall street yuppie/inner pyschopath. The movie is hard to catergorize- it's almost a satirical "morbid" comedy with some extreme violence/sex thrown in for good measure. It could very easily be seen as a character study kinda movie. The ending was confusing(at least to me) and certainly surprised me; still debating whether or not it could have been done better. Either way, good movie. I'm glad I purchased it.... and the case is cool ;-D

It's in my top 5. Great movie.

My friend and I quote it constantly. Our goal is to open up a restaurant called Dorsia.

Edit: I didn't get to see The Prestige this weekend. I was gonna see it after football on Sunday, but I was lazy. I'll see it some night this week. Should be great.

Yeah, American Psycho was a great flick. The music in it was really good too. (I don't mean the 80's stuff) 9/10

I didn't get a chance to see The Prestige either and probably won't be able to this weekend as well. Oh, well. I'll see it sooner or later.

The Departed was really good. Easily the best mob movie in years. Great title too. 9/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:46 am

footballchick23 wrote:
V for Vendetta- 8.5/10- One of the better movies I've seen....wish I had seen it in the theaters also. Good storyline and I like the whole government conspiracy stuff. The part where she was held captive was incredible!

you are crazy. by far one of the worst movies ever . . . EVER :-t
but I won't digress again. I've ranted before.

I saw a movie the other day I found while looking for the Machinest.
It's called "Machined" possibly the most worstly 8-o filmed movie of all time. makes the blair witch look like a scorcese film.
but for some stupid reason I couldn't turn it off.
it's a cheesy predictable rock em chop flick. I guess the home video camera it was filmed on gave it some appeal. I give it a 2/10 but a must see.

Now as for the Machinest. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whacked out flick that is awesome.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:11 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:

you are crazy. by far one of the worst movies ever . . . EVER :-t
but I won't digress again. I've ranted before.

I saw a movie the other day I found while looking for the Machinest.
It's called "Machined" possibly the most worstly 8-o filmed movie of all time. makes the blair witch look like a scorcese film.
but for some stupid reason I couldn't turn it off.
it's a cheesy predictable rock em chop flick. I guess the home video camera it was filmed on gave it some appeal. I give it a 2/10 but a must see.

Now as for the Machinest. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whacked out flick that is awesome.

I enjoyed V for Vendetta. Not enough to guy it, but it kept my attention.

If Machinist was the one with Christian Bale then I liked that movie too. It was crazy how skinny he was in that movie, then getting bulked up for Batman (or the other way around, I can't remember).
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:30 pm

I head The Prestige was great. I will be seeing it Saturday night.

I also want to see Flags of our Fathers but will probably wait for the DVD.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:27 pm

SniperShot wrote:I also want to see Flags of our Fathers but will probably wait for the DVD.

Read the book too if you can...I'm sure Clint captures it well in the movie, but I thought the book was incredible!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:26 am

footballchick23 wrote:The Departed- 7.5/10- How can you go wrong with that cast I guess...not a huge Matt Damon fan, but I don't think anyone else could have played that part better. Leo was incredible...Scorcese seems to bring out the best in him. Overall great story, slightly disjointed in some parts, but still entertaining. Can't really go into to much depth without giving it away, but the ending was definitely the best part of the movie.

Quick note...love Christian Bale too...ever since Empire of the Sun. Glad to see he's still getting some good roles.

Wow, I loved both of these movies. I agree with your rating for V, but disagree on the Departed. now this might sound sexist, but if you're a man (and most/all of you are) you will love the Departed. 9/10. the acting is great, It's like 3 hours long but it feels like an hour. You'll also love this if you know Boston/Boston people. As a male student in Boston this movie was awesome awesome awesome. I'd see it again for anything lower than 6$. Worth 15 the first time. Everyone is great in the movie.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk