What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:18 pm

josebach wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:I saw that movie Manhunter that everyone raves about here...

it was a crappy 80s cheese fest...

Shame on you guys. Oh, and the end seen was SO bad... straight from Miami Vice.

:-t :-t

Sometimes when you see an older movie, you can't get over how dated it looks. This has happened to me with other movies that people rave about.

I grew up watching "Manhunter", so I still love it.

Yeah, but there a many timeless flicks... Cool Hand Luke, Dirty Dozen, etc... Manhunter does not fall into this category. IMO.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:57 pm

Saw The Whole 10 yards today again. Funny movie, but the whole 9 yards was a lot funnier.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:59 am

Saw Word Play the other night...it's a documentary about crossword puzzles. Very funny, especially if you like crosswords or any word puzzles. I was amazed at how exciting the competition was at the end of the movie...I was actually pulling for one of the 3 finalists at the end! Some of the people in the flick are just plain funny because they're pretty much uber-nerds that compete for uber-nerd status! I only wish I could do crosswords as fast as these people.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:29 am

If you haven't been warned already, don't watch Miami Vice. It sucks. :-P :-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:00 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:If you haven't been warned already, don't watch Miami Vice. It sucks. :-P :-t

2nd on that one.. If you feel compelled to watch it, then only watch the last 30 minutes
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:54 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:If you haven't been warned already, don't watch Miami Vice. It sucks. :-P :-t

Never planned on it. Once I saw that Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell were playing the leads, I said no thank you! :-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:12 pm

I'm sure its already been discussed so I wont go into it too much. I watched Superman last night and thought it was pretty cool. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:55 am

Jimboozie wrote:

Never planned on it. Once I saw that Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell were playing the leads, I said no thank you! :-t

I liked it quite a bit, but I'm also a big Michael Mann fan. I'm eager to check out the director's cut... it's on my Christmas list.

I'd give the theatrical version a B.

Metroid wrote:I'm sure its already been discussed so I wont go into it too much. I watched Superman last night and thought it was pretty cool. ;-D

Superman was pretty good. Wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but it was worth watching for sure. C+/B-
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:11 am

yeah, I liked superman pretty much. though i'm a sucker for super hero crap. I even kinda like the fantastic 4 8-o

I don't recall if I mentioned it but I saw De Ja Vu over the Turkey holiday, I thought that movie was freaking fabulous. Genius. Denzel should win another oscar, and the movie though probably wont should win best picture. Don't sleep on this one waiting for the dvd, it's a big screen extravaganza.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:43 am

Watched An Inconvenient Truth last night...pretty good. Thank goodness Gore didn't get too political in it...I liked that it was much more scientific than I thought it would be. Unfortunately, I think you have to spoon feed Americans in order to really get them to take notice of something (or get Paris Hilton or Britney to promote it :-t ), but I think some people will take the message to heart. The craziest scene was the photo of the huge rush of water that flows toward the bedrock...I wouldn't want to get caught up in that!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk