What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:00 pm

Redskins Win wrote:yeah, I liked superman pretty much. though i'm a sucker for super hero crap. I even kinda like the fantastic 4 8-o

I don't recall if I mentioned it but I saw De Ja Vu over the Turkey holiday, I thought that movie was freaking fabulous. Genius. Denzel should win another oscar, and the movie though probably wont should win best picture. Don't sleep on this one waiting for the dvd, it's a big screen extravaganza.


Man, going to have to disagree with you on that one. "De Ja Vu" was completely ridiculous. I realize you have to suspend disbelief when going to the theaters, but give me a break. The story was so absurd... for instance in one scene Denzel shined a laser through a television monitor and the girl being watched saw it. :-b I'm a big Tony Scott fan, but both Domino and De Ja Vu fell far below his normal standards in my opinion. Denzel was good as normal, so it's worth watching, just not in the theaters. Oh, the explosion at the beginning was pretty awesome. ;-D

Gotta give that one a C


Just between you and me (and anyone else who reads this)... I kinda liked Fantastic 4 also. :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:02 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:If you haven't been warned already, don't watch Miami Vice. It sucks. :-P :-t


2nd on that one.. If you feel compelled to watch it, then only watch the last 30 minutes


I fell asleep in the theater. :-D
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:16 pm

josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:yeah, I liked superman pretty much. though i'm a sucker for super hero crap. I even kinda like the fantastic 4 8-o

I don't recall if I mentioned it but I saw De Ja Vu over the Turkey holiday, I thought that movie was freaking fabulous. Genius. Denzel should win another oscar, and the movie though probably wont should win best picture. Don't sleep on this one waiting for the dvd, it's a big screen extravaganza.


Man, going to have to disagree with you on that one. "De Ja Vu" was completely ridiculous. I realize you have to suspend disbelief when going to the theaters, but give me a break. The story was so absurd... for instance in one scene Denzel shined a laser through a television monitor and the girl being watched saw it. :-b I'm a big Tony Scott fan, but both Domino and De Ja Vu fell far below his normal standards in my opinion. Denzel was good as normal, so it's worth watching, just not in the theaters. Oh, the explosion at the beginning was pretty awesome. ;-D

Gotta give that one a C


Just between you and me (and anyone else who reads this)... I kinda liked Fantastic 4 also. :-b


Yeah dood I liked Fantastic 4 as well!
Image

I'm always a sucker for super hero stuff too. After I watched Superman I threw in Hell Boy, I love that movie. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:58 pm

Metroid wrote:I'm always a sucker for super hero stuff too. After I watched Superman I threw in Hell Boy, I love that movie. ;-D

I liked Hellboy a lot too. Ron Perlman was really funny in it. ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:58 pm

josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:yeah, I liked superman pretty much. though i'm a sucker for super hero crap. I even kinda like the fantastic 4 8-o

I don't recall if I mentioned it but I saw De Ja Vu over the Turkey holiday, I thought that movie was freaking fabulous. Genius. Denzel should win another oscar, and the movie though probably wont should win best picture. Don't sleep on this one waiting for the dvd, it's a big screen extravaganza.


Man, going to have to disagree with you on that one. "De Ja Vu" was completely ridiculous. I realize you have to suspend disbelief when going to the theaters, but give me a break. The story was so absurd... for instance in one scene Denzel shined a laser through a television monitor and the girl being watched saw it. :-b I'm a big Tony Scott fan, but both Domino and De Ja Vu fell far below his normal standards in my opinion. Denzel was good as normal, so it's worth watching, just not in the theaters. Oh, the explosion at the beginning was pretty awesome. ;-D

Gotta give that one a C


Just between you and me (and anyone else who reads this)... I kinda liked Fantastic 4 also. :-b


If you want to analzye all the aspects of logical science and physics then yes, Deja Vu has a lot of loopholes but if you just take it for what it is, it was a very suspensful and entertaining thriller, IMO
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:05 pm

Loved X-Men 3.

8.5/10

IMO.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4846
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SO CLOSE to "da hall" (Cambridge, MA)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:18 pm

saw da vinci code. it was lame. it was like national treasure...following lame clues all around...blah blah blah. both movies are essentially the same

lame hero with bad hair (Tom Hanks vs. Nic Cage)
hot sidekick chick with a hot accent
villain in each movie is a villain from Lord of the Rings
following lame clues
super treasure awaits them
in the end, they do the right thing

the church and the freemasons are interchangeable.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:05 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:yeah, I liked superman pretty much. though i'm a sucker for super hero crap. I even kinda like the fantastic 4 8-o

I don't recall if I mentioned it but I saw De Ja Vu over the Turkey holiday, I thought that movie was freaking fabulous. Genius. Denzel should win another oscar, and the movie though probably wont should win best picture. Don't sleep on this one waiting for the dvd, it's a big screen extravaganza.


Man, going to have to disagree with you on that one. "De Ja Vu" was completely ridiculous. I realize you have to suspend disbelief when going to the theaters, but give me a break. The story was so absurd... for instance in one scene Denzel shined a laser through a television monitor and the girl being watched saw it. :-b I'm a big Tony Scott fan, but both Domino and De Ja Vu fell far below his normal standards in my opinion. Denzel was good as normal, so it's worth watching, just not in the theaters. Oh, the explosion at the beginning was pretty awesome. ;-D

Gotta give that one a C


Just between you and me (and anyone else who reads this)... I kinda liked Fantastic 4 also. :-b


If you want to analzye all the aspects of logical science and physics then yes, Deja Vu has a lot of loopholes but if you just take it for what it is, it was a very suspensful and entertaining thriller, IMO


that's absolutely my point. it's make believe . . . dig it ;-D

and BH thanks for ruining Da Code, I suppose to watch it tonite. I still will seeing that I never read the book my opinion will be quite similar im sure.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:
josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:yeah, I liked superman pretty much. though i'm a sucker for super hero crap. I even kinda like the fantastic 4 8-o

I don't recall if I mentioned it but I saw De Ja Vu over the Turkey holiday, I thought that movie was freaking fabulous. Genius. Denzel should win another oscar, and the movie though probably wont should win best picture. Don't sleep on this one waiting for the dvd, it's a big screen extravaganza.


Man, going to have to disagree with you on that one. "De Ja Vu" was completely ridiculous. I realize you have to suspend disbelief when going to the theaters, but give me a break. The story was so absurd... for instance in one scene Denzel shined a laser through a television monitor and the girl being watched saw it. :-b I'm a big Tony Scott fan, but both Domino and De Ja Vu fell far below his normal standards in my opinion. Denzel was good as normal, so it's worth watching, just not in the theaters. Oh, the explosion at the beginning was pretty awesome. ;-D

Gotta give that one a C


Just between you and me (and anyone else who reads this)... I kinda liked Fantastic 4 also. :-b


If you want to analzye all the aspects of logical science and physics then yes, Deja Vu has a lot of loopholes but if you just take it for what it is, it was a very suspensful and entertaining thriller, IMO


that's absolutely my point. it's make believe . . . dig it ;-D

and BH thanks for ruining Da Code, I suppose to watch it tonite. I still will seeing that I never read the book my opinion will be quite similar im sure.


Bah dont take his word for it. I actually thought it was pretty good. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:33 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:saw da vinci code. it was lame. it was like national treasure...following lame clues all around...blah blah blah. both movies are essentially the same

lame hero with bad hair (Tom Hanks vs. Nic Cage)
hot sidekick chick with a hot accent
villain in each movie is a villain from Lord of the Rings
following lame clues
super treasure awaits them
in the end, they do the right thing

the church and the freemasons are interchangeable.


I thought Da Vinci Code was a letdown as well. Tom Hanks looked like an over-the-hill gas station attendant. The problem with the movie is they have to solve everything REALLY FAST so there's no thinking processes or plot development like in the book.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:24 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact