What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:38 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:saw da vinci code. it was lame. it was like national treasure...following lame clues all around...blah blah blah. both movies are essentially the same

lame hero with bad hair (Tom Hanks vs. Nic Cage)
hot sidekick chick with a hot accent
villain in each movie is a villain from Lord of the Rings
following lame clues
super treasure awaits them
in the end, they do the right thing

the church and the freemasons are interchangeable.

I thought Da Vinci Code was a letdown as well. Tom Hanks looked like an over-the-hill gas station attendant. The problem with the movie is they have to solve everything REALLY FAST so there's no thinking processes or plot development like in the book.

I agree it was a let down there was just too much depth in the book to tell the story in a couple hours and give it justice. But I still thought it was entertaining. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby APAP » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Anybody planning on seeing Blood Diamond???
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:50 pm

APAP wrote:Anybody planning on seeing Blood Diamond???

I'll rent it for sure. Leos accent in the previews bugs the shat out of me though.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby logan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:17 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:
josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:yeah, I liked superman pretty much. though i'm a sucker for super hero crap. I even kinda like the fantastic 4 8-o

I don't recall if I mentioned it but I saw De Ja Vu over the Turkey holiday, I thought that movie was freaking fabulous. Genius. Denzel should win another oscar, and the movie though probably wont should win best picture. Don't sleep on this one waiting for the dvd, it's a big screen extravaganza.

Man, going to have to disagree with you on that one. "De Ja Vu" was completely ridiculous. I realize you have to suspend disbelief when going to the theaters, but give me a break. The story was so absurd... for instance in one scene Denzel shined a laser through a television monitor and the girl being watched saw it. :-b I'm a big Tony Scott fan, but both Domino and De Ja Vu fell far below his normal standards in my opinion. Denzel was good as normal, so it's worth watching, just not in the theaters. Oh, the explosion at the beginning was pretty awesome. ;-D

Gotta give that one a C

Just between you and me (and anyone else who reads this)... I kinda liked Fantastic 4 also. :-b

If you want to analzye all the aspects of logical science and physics then yes, Deja Vu has a lot of loopholes but if you just take it for what it is, it was a very suspensful and entertaining thriller, IMO

that's absolutely my point. it's make believe . . . dig it ;-D

and BH thanks for ruining Da Code, I suppose to watch it tonite. I still will seeing that I never read the book my opinion will be quite similar im sure.

i enjoyed deja vu quite a bit as well. defintely a fun movie just to go an watch. denzel,hot chick and explosions pretty much sum up a good time at the movies. don't know i would go so far as to say bezt picture but it was good.

my major gripe with miami vice wasn't so much the movie as it was that farrell and fox seemed to have almost no on screen chemistry where originals johnson and thomas had a ton of.

i'll see blood diamond. i like leo and djimon honsou and jennifer connely certainly doesn't hurt so as long as the story is decent that acting should be overly solid.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby dgan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:31 am

Metroid wrote:
APAP wrote:Anybody planning on seeing Blood Diamond???

I'll rent it for sure. Leos accent in the previews bugs the shat out of me though.

Yes! Thank you! It is horrible. I refuse to see it for that reason alone.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:03 pm

Metroid wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:saw da vinci code. it was lame. it was like national treasure...following lame clues all around...blah blah blah. both movies are essentially the same

lame hero with bad hair (Tom Hanks vs. Nic Cage)
hot sidekick chick with a hot accent
villain in each movie is a villain from Lord of the Rings
following lame clues
super treasure awaits them
in the end, they do the right thing

the church and the freemasons are interchangeable.

I thought Da Vinci Code was a letdown as well. Tom Hanks looked like an over-the-hill gas station attendant. The problem with the movie is they have to solve everything REALLY FAST so there's no thinking processes or plot development like in the book.

I agree it was a let down there was just too much depth in the book to tell the story in a couple hours and give it justice. But I still thought it was entertaining. :-?

yea, i watched that last night, and it totally sucked. it was really boring. the book was much better.

BrutallyHuge's assessment is extremely accurate ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Twisted Sister » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:53 pm

Ok saw Superman Returns... :-P :-P

They picked up on the old cheesy themes from the 70's and 80's movies right off the start (music, credit effects, etc.) :-t :-t

They should have gone the path of Batman Returns... start on brand new story thread and feel.

A few things really bug me about this movie:

1st, WHO CANNOT SEE THAT CLARK LOOKS JUST LIKE SUPERMAN... DANG!!!! GLASSES.. THAT'S ENOUGH TO HIDE HIS IDENTITY?!?!?!?

I guess professional reporters and photographers can't make out the resemblance. :-°

2nd, Superman does not have ANY chemestry with Loise Lane... yes he's an alien, but you never get the sense that he's "into her"

3rd, Lex's plan makes no sense... it was just dumb. "Yeah, me and my 5 henchmen are going to defy the whole world." :-t

4th, no spoiler, but the kid??? Enough said on that one :-°

The only saving grace was the plane scene, that was pretty cool.

Let's just say, I have NO desire to watch it again. :-t :-t
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:10 am

It's 1 am and I just got back from an advance screening of We Are Marshall. I hate watching Matthew Mcsomething, but he actually does a decent job in this movie. Overall, the movie is good. It's a bit long though, over 2 hours but definitely worth sitting through.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:59 am

Down in the Valley with Ed Norton and Evan Rachel Wood. Norton is a cowboy in LA who befriends a pretty young Evan Rachel Wood who has a douchey little brother (one of the Culkins) and a dad she doesnt get along with (played by the guy who's House's cop nemesis on House)

7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:40 pm

We watched Invincible last night and really enjoyed it. I think they could have continued his story a little more. It kind of just ended with a tribute to the real Papale, but it was a very good movie. 8/10.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk