What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:48 am

I saw The Holdiay the other day with the Wife. As far as chick flicks go it was pretty good. Jack Black is funny as usual and Jude Law actualy plays a funny drunk brother. Overall some funny scenes and your G/F or Wife will love it.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:18 pm

Watched a movie last night that most people probably wouldn't waste any time with, lol.

DOA: Dead or Alive
Based on the video game that featured gravity-defying, extremely large-breasted women (and some men I think,lol) which also caused many male teens to shrivel and faint due to dehydration playing the DOA Extreme Volleyball game, this movie wasn't as horrible as I expected it to be. Directed by Corey Yuen, it actually featured some decent wire-fu martial arts by actors you'd never expect it from. Some hot babes in bikinis doesn't hurt either, as I'd expect that to be the main reason any male would rent this for.

Basically, anyone who watches this SHOULD already be expecting crap since this movie is a game-to-film adaptation, which generally suck as a genre. So, as long as your expectations are very low, and you are a young, warm-blooded male attracted to women, this movie may surprise you.

Surprise appearance by Robin Shou too, who played Liu Kang in the Mortal Kombat movies. Also has a couple established HK martial artists, like Collin Chou who played Seraph in the Matrix movies.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:53 pm

Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)
Just got the dvd for Christmas - great movie - based on the true story of how amid the madness and horror that was World War I, the British (in the case of this film, Scottish), French and German soldiers laid down their weapons on Christmas Eve 1914 and celebrated together, to share a drink, to play a game of soccer, to retrieve & bury their dead - and how their superiors were outraged by this. Really a different kind of war story with very little fighting.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:01 pm

Finally got around to our Netflix DVD's that have been sitting around for the past week:

A Prairie Home Companion- WTF was this movie really about...I mean, really? The singing and crazy characters were mildly entertaining (Garrison Keiller is hilarious), but the storyline was bizarre and disjointed. My boyfriend and I just kept looking at each other like, "Are we missing something?" The only reason we rented it was because my BF is from MN and the movie was filmed there.

Motorcycle Diaries- Excellent movie...one of the better ones I've seen this year. The storyline is great and the filming locations are amazing. It's really interesting to see where Guevara got a lot of his inspiration and ideas from.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:01 am

footballchick23 wrote:Finally got around to our Netflix DVD's that have been sitting around for the past week:

A Prairie Home Companion- WTF was this movie really about...I mean, really? The singing and crazy characters were mildly entertaining (Garrison Keiller is hilarious), but the storyline was bizarre and disjointed. My boyfriend and I just kept looking at each other like, "Are we missing something?" The only reason we rented it was because my BF is from MN and the movie was filmed there.

Motorcycle Diaries- Excellent movie...one of the better ones I've seen this year. The storyline is great and the filming locations are amazing. It's really interesting to see where Guevara got a lot of his inspiration and ideas from.

Yeah I give Motorcycle two thumbs up. ;-D ;-D

I watched Jack Ass number two tonight...hilarious and disgusting. I loved it! :-b ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:29 am

Metroid wrote:I watched Jack Ass number two tonight...hilarious and disgusting. I loved it! :-b ;-D

I watched it the other night, but haven't posted about it here. I watched the unrated version though, so I saw a lot of penises and butt cheeks. No idea if anything in the unrated version weren't on the regular version though.

And every time I watch a Jackass movie or TV show, and even Bam's show, I'm so surprised no one has died yet. Funny stuff though, if a bit gross sometimes. Especially Steve-O's stuff.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:18 am

Eragon - When I heard there was a new sci-fi/fantasy book being turned into a movie, I figured the book must be good,so I went out, bought it and read it. (The book was decent, certainly not great.) Anyway, after reading the book, I saw the movie and it was absolutely horrible. Not only did the makers completely disregard any character development, they re-wrote several key parts of the book. It was almost as if they purposely tried to piss off the fans of the book. On top of which, both the acting and dialogue were so bad it was embarrassing. I caught myself rolling my eyes at spoken lines at least a half dozen times during the course of the movie. :-t 5/10

Little Miss Sunshine - A little over the top and a bit manipulative, but I still really enjoyed watching it. There were parts of the story I didn't buy, but it's heart was definitely in the right place. By far the best part of the movie was the family dynamic they created. The little girl was also super cute. 8/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:28 am

I saw the Persuit of Happyness...it was pretty good, but 99% of it was really deperssing.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:35 am

I know I'm going to get it for this one.

Sound of Music - I watched it for about the 10th time. This is by far one of the best movies ever made. After I watched it, I watched all the special features for the first time and learned that a lot of what happend in the movie was really true. For example, the actual Von Trapp family really had 7 children. I always thought they chose 7 for the sake of the musical element to represent the 7 notes A,B,C,D,E,F and G. Absolutely awesome movie. 10/10
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:27 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I saw the Persuit of Happyness...it was pretty good, but 99% of it was really deperssing.

I haevn't sean thaht wone yeht. Ey'll hav too cee iht sum thyme suhn. ;-)
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk