What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:39 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:I saw "Saw"

7/10, I hate it when bad guys get away too easily. Especially several times.

i like saw a lot better than a 7...id give it at least an 8.5 on originality alone. :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:49 pm

I bought the movie, Heat with Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino. Easily one of the five best dramas I've ever seen. The scene with Pacino and DeNiro at the restaurant is worth the price of a rental.

10 out 10
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:51 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I bought the movie, Heat with Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino. Easily one of the five best dramas I've ever seen. The scene with Pacino and DeNiro at the restaurant is worth the price of a rental.

10 out 10

that gun fight scene in the street is the best on any movie IMO....pure sweetnessssss!!! ;-D ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:52 pm

Um, Bambi...Was ok I reckon...The kiddo seemed to like it for awhile, but then he went to play more with his trains.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:54 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I bought the movie, Heat with Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino. Easily one of the five best dramas I've ever seen. The scene with Pacino and DeNiro at the restaurant is worth the price of a rental.

10 out 10

that gun fight scene in the street is the best on any movie IMO....pure sweetnessssss!!! ;-D ;-D

Absolutely! It's probably the most riveting gunfight I've ever watched in a movie. People who haven't seen this don't know what they're missing!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:12 pm

that part in the beginning when they rob that money truck with the hockey masks is pretty awesome too. man i better watch it tonight....you got me all amped for it :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:15 pm

Glad to see my thread didn't die! :-B

I saw Spongebob Squarepants the Movie, not bad, I'm not a Spongebob fan but it kept me entertained.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:25 pm

Saw 50 First Dates for about the 5th time tonight. I don't like Adam Sandler, but this movie is good even for a chick flick. Just enough humor to cover the love story.

7/10
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:28 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Glad to see my thread didn't die! :-B

I saw Spongebob Squarepants the Movie, not bad, I'm not a Spongebob fan but it kept me entertained.

man i forgot about that one...i actually wanted to see it.

since i havent been posting movies ive seen ill post the ones ive watched in the last week or so (keep in mind ive been on an 80's kick)

-st elmos' fire ....classic movie ;-D 8/10
-back to school..rodney dangerfield at his best 7/10
-the heathers...tons of stars when they were younger 6/10
-gremlins...actually in the middle of it now 8/10

just rented today:
ferris buellers day off and stand by me.

i have a feeling i might be on this 80s kick for a while. its not just movies, but music too. its taking me over. }:-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Azrael » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am

10 out 10

I bought this DVD about 3 years ago and never watched it yet.

2 great independent films are the Minus Man (Owen Wilson, Jeanine Garafalo (sp?)) and Clay Pigeons (Joaquin Phoenix, Vince Vaughn). Anyone ever see these?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk