What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Superman in Training » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:25 pm

J2thez929 wrote:I don't know if anyone has talked about it but I saw the Ring Two over the weekend. If you really liked the first one then you will most likely be disappointed. Nothing too new, fresh, or scary to say about this sequel. Sadly, its just a typical sequel to cash in on the first one's success :-t One positve I want to note was the special effects during a scene inside the bathroom. That was pretty off the hook ;-D

Bottomline- Rent with the wifey or girlfriend

Yeah I saw this a little while back and have been taking a little time to review it.. I liked it when I was watching it.. but the next day or two later I didn't think much of it.. so that makes me think that it wasn't as good as I originally thought .. Just like J2thez said .. it is nothing new story wise.. really so all the things that scared you in the first one just don't quite have the same effect.

Worth a rent .. but save your 8-10 bucks
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TaturCity34 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:27 pm

DUKE wrote:I watched Empire Of The Sun again over the weekend. I first watched it on cable a long time ago, as I'm a huge fan of Christian Bale's acting. This one is when he was a kid. It is an absolute brilliant performance and a great movie. He (Bale) is a child in this performance, but is as good as any kid I've seen on film. I've always loved this movie and seem to go back and watch it from time to time. John Malkovich is also in it and is also very good, though Bale steals the show IMO. I think this movie deserves more props than what it gets and would definitely recomend it. I give it 8/10.

Empire of the Sun is a pretty good movie. I study Asian politics so some of the Spielberg stuff gets to me. But I do like how the movie shows hardly any Chinese people which is where the story takes place. Thats how things were though. The Chinese were often considered the lowest class in their own country. If you know that, this movie has some historical significance. Christian Bale does do an incredible job in this movie. 7.5/10
TaturCity34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Purifying myself in the waters of Lake Bemidji (Northern Minnesota)

Postby hastur » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:42 pm

Watched "Stir Crazy" the other day for the umpteenth time. Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor as prisoners. Always a classic.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:51 am

Finally got around to seeing Million Dollar Baby today. All the hype is deserved - one of, if not the best movie I've seen in years.

Also caught Jersey Girl the other day. It was predictable, but it was cute. Something to watch if there's nothing else to do - I wouldn't go out of my way to see it or anything.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:21 am

I saw Ladder 49 the other night, great movie, would recommend it to everyone.

8.5/10
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:45 am

i also watched the ring 2....it got so much hype from all my friends for being scary that i went in expecting too much. it wasnt even really that scary. and there were a few things that really didnt amke much sense. it was ok...but not great...the first one was definitely better ;-D that little kid sure is creepy tho 8-o :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:42 pm

I saw Anchorman today. I fell out of my chair laughing.

9/10
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:40 pm

I saw Hostage with Bruce Willis this weekend. It was a solid movie, but not anything special. It was intense though, kept me on the edge of my seat.

I'd give it a 7/10.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:45 pm

I watched Reservoir Dogs, its one of my favorite movies but I hadn't seen it in awhile. Tarantino broke out with this movie and brought in his unique(to a certain degree) style. It triumphs any of the other movies that he would go on to make. Check out this awesome flick for a great blend of comedy, action, and drama. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:03 pm

Watched Cellular last night. It's an ok action flick, but not to impressive IMO. Several time I found myself thinking no flippen way. In one scene he couldn't go up the stairs cause he would lose the call on his cell, but later when being chased he runs up the stairs without worring about the call, and guess what ... he doesn't lose the call. I doubt I would watch it again, unless there was nothing on.

4/10
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk