What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:24 pm

I watched Shaun of the Dead for like the 50th time last night. I love that movie and it never gets old. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:51 pm

Metroid wrote:I watched Shaun of the Dead for like the 50th time last night. I love that movie and it never gets old. ;-D

That is one movie on a long list of movies that never gets old. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:39 pm

The Black Dahlia - finally watched it - not bad, really too many side stories going on that had nothing to do with the Black Dahlia case. Really would have liked to seen them delve into the case more. For example, one thing that is hardly ever mentioned when the case is discussed is that there were a lot of other strange unsolved murders of young women in L.A. around that time (although none as gruesome). I do reccomend Hodel's book on the subject as previously mentioned - there have been other books over the years offering possible solutions but none as credible or well documented as his - definitely food for thought! Definitely worth seeing for Hilary Swank!!!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:50 pm

Just watched Invincible. Great story, I liked hearing all the old names. I thought they did a pretty good job though it did get a little cheesy here and there. I loved when the girl in her Giants gear was in the Eagles stands cheering her team, that was great. It could have been a little rougher but eh I guess thats what ya get with Disney. Overall I enjoyed it. ;-D ;-D
Metroid

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:52 am

Metroid wrote:Just watched Invincible. Great story, I liked hearing all the old names. I thought they did a pretty good job though it did get a little cheesy here and there. I loved when the girl in her Giants gear was in the Eagles stands cheering her team, that was great. It could have been a little rougher but eh I guess thats what ya get with Disney. Overall I enjoyed it. ;-D ;-D

walberg looked to be in pretty good shape...especially for his age. he has to be older than what he played in the movie, which i believe was 31. i was impressed, but i guess that might be because im a gym rat. :-B

but yeah.i enjoyed the movie too. i honestly hadnt heard the story before so it was a learning experience also ;-D kind of reminded me of "rudy".
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:42 am

Metroid wrote:Just watched Invincible. Great story, I liked hearing all the old names. I thought they did a pretty good job though it did get a little cheesy here and there. I loved when the girl in her Giants gear was in the Eagles stands cheering her team, that was great. It could have been a little rougher but eh I guess thats what ya get with Disney. Overall I enjoyed it. ;-D ;-D

the only movie i want to see about eagles is the one where the eagles plane crashes into the cowboys plane and both land in the meadow swamp and crush the giants who are scrimaging themselves that day. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:46 am

Redskins Win wrote:

the only movie i want to see about eagles is the one where the eagles plane crashes into the cowboys plane and both land in the meadow swamp and crush the giants who are scrimaging themselves that day. ;-D

I'd watch that flick too. ;-D
Metroid

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:49 am

Metroid wrote:I watched Shaun of the Dead for like the 50th time last night. I love that movie and it never gets old. ;-D

Good Call ;-D I laugh like an idiot at that movie. It helps that I really like the zombie genre.

28 Days Rocks!!!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:28 am

josebach wrote:

Good Call ;-D I laugh like an idiot at that movie. It helps that I really like the zombie genre.

28 Days Rocks!!!

Yeah that move was awesome. ;-D

I love any sort of zombie, apocalyptic, end of the world stuff. I just got done reading 'Cell' by Stephen King, I think it would make a good movie. :-?
Metroid

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:31 am

Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:

28 Days Rocks!!!

Yeah that move was awesome. ;-D

I love any sort of zombie, apocalyptic, end of the world stuff. I just got done reading 'Cell' by Stephen King, I think it would make a good movie. :-?

Me too. I even liked The Postman which everyone else hated. The book was better than the movie, though.

The Cell is on my "books to read" list.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk