What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:46 pm

I saw two tooday!

The Hills Have Eyes-For some reason I couldn't stop watching!! 8/10. Was very suprised!

Fearless-Let Li is simply amazing and I loved the movie! 9/10. Great fighting and great story. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:04 am

Watched Man on Fire yesterday. Pretty intense role for Denzel, I might say. I enjoyed it! ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:30 am

PACKman1144 wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Oops, I meant Crank. It's got Jason Statham, the guy from The Transporter, in it. I think that's why she wants to see it. He reminds her of me. :-D

I saw it in theatres - good action, great fights - less silly than Transporter2.

Plot line is a bit of a wash but nobody should be going to see a flick like that looking for deep plotlines anyway right?

Oh yeah - and Amy Smart - rrrooooowwwwwrrrr!!! ;-D

yeah I think thats sums up that movie pretty well. It is a nonstop action movie, its rediculous.

Watched it last night. :-P

Didn't care for it. The wife actually liked it a little, but I wish I would have found something else to do for those 2 hours.

J2thez929 wrote:Watched Man on Fire yesterday. Pretty intense role for Denzel, I might say. I enjoyed it! ;-D

One of our favorite recent movies. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Popcynical » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:22 pm

I saw Pan's Labyrinth which was spectacular. I also saw Children of Men, which was interesting... but the movie ended badly (in my opinion) and left a bit of a bad impression on me.

I highly recommend Pan's Labyrinth to everyone, though! Great film.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:25 am

People who are sticklers for historical accuracy should probably avoid this one, but I found it to be a very enjoyable, fun movie. Flyboys is about the aerial battles of a volunteer American group flying for the French in WWI. General advice to enjoy this movie is to expect nothing. Formulaic plot (what movie isn't, nowadays) but the dogfights between the wooden bi-planes are nicely done. The zepplin scene is probably the best action sequence.

Also watched The Guardian and Gridiron Gang. The Guardian was watchable, as long as you're able to endure Ashton Kutcher. His annoying grin isn't full-blown in this movie, so that was a plus. Gridiron Gang is another Hollywood inspirational youth sports movie and a decent enough football flick.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:03 am

beanoX3 wrote:People who are sticklers for historical accuracy should probably avoid this one, but I found it to be a very enjoyable, fun movie. Flyboys is about the aerial battles of a volunteer American group flying for the French in WWI. General advice to enjoy this movie is to expect nothing. Formulaic plot (what movie isn't, nowadays) but the dogfights between the wooden bi-planes are nicely done. The zepplin scene is probably the best action sequence.

I was disappointed in the book, didn't even finish it actually, so I'll be avoiding the movie. :-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:09 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:People who are sticklers for historical accuracy should probably avoid this one, but I found it to be a very enjoyable, fun movie. Flyboys is about the aerial battles of a volunteer American group flying for the French in WWI. General advice to enjoy this movie is to expect nothing. Formulaic plot (what movie isn't, nowadays) but the dogfights between the wooden bi-planes are nicely done. The zepplin scene is probably the best action sequence.

I was disappointed in the book, didn't even finish it actually, so I'll be avoiding the movie. :-P

I think the movie and book are about different things. The book was about WWII :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:12 am

Haven't seen it yet 'cause it ain't out yet but the trailers look pretty cool for Ghost Rider with Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes - looks like it has some pretty good special effects. Check out the website if ya haven't seen it - it has a great screensaver I'm using that my son just loves!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:01 am

stomperrob wrote:Haven't seen it yet 'cause it ain't out yet but the trailers look pretty cool for Ghost Rider with Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes - looks like it has some pretty good special effects. Check out the website if ya haven't seen it - it has a great screensaver I'm using that my son just loves!

Yea i am excited to see that movie, i loved the comic. I have seen a bunch of the trailers.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:56 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Haven't seen it yet 'cause it ain't out yet but the trailers look pretty cool for Ghost Rider with Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes - looks like it has some pretty good special effects. Check out the website if ya haven't seen it - it has a great screensaver I'm using that my son just loves!

Yea i am excited to see that movie, i loved the comic. I have seen a bunch of the trailers.

it will suck...Nic Cage as Ghost Rider may be worse than Robert Downey Jr as Iron-Man
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk