What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:30 am

Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Saw about the first 30 minutes of the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Honestly, that was enough for me. :-P

Really? I really liked it. :-?

I thought the first part of the movie was better than the meat of the story. In any case, 30 minutes of that film is a little less than 25% of the movie. I think the runtime of the flick runs almost 2 and a half hours or so.

Unless the first Pirates movie wasn't your thing, steelerfan, you're missing out on a great movie by bailing so early.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:41 am

beanoX3 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Saw about the first 30 minutes of the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Honestly, that was enough for me. :-P

Really? I really liked it. :-?

I thought the first part of the movie was better than the meat of the story. In any case, 30 minutes of that film is a little less than 25% of the movie. I think the runtime of the flick runs almost 2 and a half hours or so.

Unless the first Pirates movie wasn't your thing, steelerfan, you're missing out on a great movie by bailing so early.

yeah it defintely gets better as it goes along.

i saw norbit and though i was going in expecting very little it was actually pretty funny. i'll give it a 7 out of 10.

also they showes the previews for knocked up (which looks pretty good) and the new will ferell/jon heder movie called blades of glory which looks really really funny. those two along with 300,tmnt and hot fuzz all should be a great stretch of movies coming out.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:09 am

logan wrote:also they showes the previews for knocked up (which looks pretty good) and the new will ferell/jon heder movie called blades of glory which looks really really funny. those two along with 300,tmnt and hot fuzz all should be a great stretch of movies coming out.

I'll give ya 300, hot fuzz, blades of glory but I don't know about TMNT. I watched a long trailer and it looks whack. Growing up, I was a huge TMNT fan and collector so I hope I'm wrong. Unfortantely though, I'm extremely accurate at spotting crap movies from the previews.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:17 am

Jimboozie wrote:
logan wrote:also they showes the previews for knocked up (which looks pretty good) and the new will ferell/jon heder movie called blades of glory which looks really really funny. those two along with 300,tmnt and hot fuzz all should be a great stretch of movies coming out.

I'll give ya 300, hot fuzz, blades of glory but I don't know about TMNT. I watched a long trailer and it looks whack. Growing up, I was a huge TMNT fan and collector so I hope I'm wrong. Unfortantely though, I'm extremely accurate at spotting crap movies from the previews.

Because of this, you'll probably hate it. These so-called 'remakes' are almost always crap. I was literally pissed when I watched Dukes of Hazzard and Catch Me If You Can was way off too.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby logan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:30 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:

Because of this, you'll probably hate it. These so-called 'remakes' are almost always crap. I was literally pissed when I watched Dukes of Hazzard and Catch Me If You Can was way off too.

well the one thing that gives me hope is that peter laird is deeply involved in doing the movie. if he weren't i'd probably agree with ya wholeheartedly. while it won't be as intense as the original comics ,i'm sure, its atleast not live action and that's a plus already. the director is also along time fan so hopefully these things will make it be a solid additon to the mythos.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:12 pm

What the heck is TMNT? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:14 pm

Metroid wrote:What the heck is TMNT? :-?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Oh duh. :-B

Is there a trailer on youtube or something I can watch? :-?
Metroid

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:18 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_3ClqaG_hZo
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_3ClqaG_hZo

Weak. :-t
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk