What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:13 am

I just got home from seeing the late showing of Sin City. Maybe it was all the hype 'round here, but I left slightly disappointed. It's still a pretty decent movie, but I didn't find it as great as some of the others 'round here have said it is. Worth checking out, though.

Mickey Rourke did an awesome job as Marv. ;-D Aside from the women, he stole the show, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:19 pm

Just saw Sin City last night, and except for Michael Madsen's acting in one scene it was a masterpiece.

Plot: The story was fabulous. From what I understand it was entirely taken from the graphic novels, so it remained very true to the original stories.

Acting: Mickey Rourke was fantastic as a sick demented hero. Bruce Willis should've done film noir much more often as he proved he's great at it. Elijah Wood was surprisingly good at his role.

Visuals: Stunning. The generated black and white world looks real, and the sparse use of color really adds dramatic effect. It's impressive how they made such a violent (oh is it violent) movie not get an NC-17 rating, but they do it through use visual effects which were very nice.

All and all, I dont know how long its been since I've seen such a movie. 10/10.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:12 pm

maddog60 wrote:Just saw Sin City last night, and except for Michael Madsen's acting in one scene it was a masterpiece.

Yeah... I didn't want to say it in my 'lil post because I really like Madsen... but that just wasn't the right role for him. Pretty disappointing.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:44 pm

Watched Alien vs Predator on pay per view last night. I didn't go in with very high expectations, and came away with an OK liking of it. I did find myself trying to figure out in the begining when this film takes place. The Predator movies take place in current time, while the Alien series takes place many years in the future. It also didn't help that the same actor played a character in this movie and in both Alien 3 and 4. I'll have to watch one of those movies to see if there is some connection between the characters. The fight between the Predators and the Aliens was cool. Without giving away the story line, I didn't like how the movie's story line goes. Aliens have been on Earth for how long? :-?

Overall I thought the movie was OK, and gets just 5/10 stars.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:45 pm

i saw a few movies lately...

Office Space - like the millionth time i see it but still funny 9.5/10

Anchorman - seen this one alot lately too i think it is pretty funny too 9.5/10

Ray - pretty good life story of him i liked it 8.5/10

Papparazzi - 2nd time ive seen this one i think it is great 9.5/10

four great movies if you havent seen them i'd reccomend all of them...i want to go see Sin City but havent had the time...im also waiting for Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, i loved the books and am hoping for a great movie
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:26 pm

just watched willow yes..still on my 80's kick (there are more of them than i thought :-) ) didnt realize val kilmer was in it. overall pretty entertaining, and a bit corny. i liked it 8.5/10.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nebbie2004 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:45 pm

The PeaceKeeper

6.5/10

Not Enought Plot to keep it Interesting
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:30 pm

nebbie2004 wrote:The PeaceKeeper

6.5/10

Isn't that with Nicole Kidman and George Clooney?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:12 am

SeaWolf wrote:
nebbie2004 wrote:The PeaceKeeper

6.5/10

Isn't that with Nicole Kidman and George Clooney?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is.

And nebbie, where have you been the last few months, and why the new "L" next to your name? :-)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:35 am

I saw Fight Club yesterday, and it was amazing. Its got such a great plot, and it hink taht i have to watch it again to really uderstand whats going on (kinda like usual suspects) and i still have yet to do that, so there are a couple of little holes that i dont really understand, but im shure taht it will all come together. This is one of the best written movies ive seen in a while ( last real good one was saw) and iits really great. The acting was pretty good, and it was just a great storry.

9/10 beacue i dont really understand a couple parts. once i watch it again itl probably become 9.5 or 9.75 if all of my questions are anwered

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk