What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:09 pm

Ghost Rider made over $44 million opening week. That's a shocker for me. Kinda weird role for Cage I would think.

I'll probably wait for the DVD. Looks like some good special effects for sure.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:17 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
josebach wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I saw Ghost Rider on friday night when i came out.

The graphics and special effects were awesome. Having read Ghost Rider growing up i was able to fill in gaps of storylines or what was going on sometimes. Nicolas Cage was the wrong actor to play GR IMO. Even my wife had a hard time imagining this guy was GR. I think they should have used someone like Mike Metzger (the dirtbike rider) to play the role. Eva did make the movie better. Nic Cage was believeable as the nice guy in love with Eva, but not as GR.

I thought GR was a CGI flaming skeleton? Are you saying his GR voice wasn't good or something?

No, the thought that it was Nic Cage behind the flame just didn't do it

Omaha warned you. }:-)

Now, if only my wife would believe me I might not get stuck paying to see this movie.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:17 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Watched The Departed on the plane ride back from Paris. Definitely one of the best movies of the year. How they got that type of a cast is beyond me, but there is not a bad actor to be seen in that movie. Matt Damon is good although his accent was annoying at times, Leo DiCaprio is excellent, Mark Wahlberg was amazingly over the top, and Jack Nicholson seemed like he could be a real life mob boss. Hell, even "Arec Baldwin" did a great job. :-b The producers did a great job of taking a very simple plot line and making it into a phenomenal movie. ;-D

9.5 out of 10

I know this shouldn't be a big deal at all, but while watching this movie, I could not get over Marky Mark's hair. It bugged the crap out of me during the whole movie. Still a good one though.

This past weekend, I watched School of Scoundrals. It was alright. Nothing to go crazy over, but not a complete bust either.

I also rented two classic flicks.

Swingers and Made. I guess I had the jones for some Vinny Vaughn and Jon Farvue (sp?) comedies
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:21 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Watched The Departed on the plane ride back from Paris. Definitely one of the best movies of the year. How they got that type of a cast is beyond me, but there is not a bad actor to be seen in that movie. Matt Damon is good although his accent was annoying at times, Leo DiCaprio is excellent, Mark Wahlberg was amazingly over the top, and Jack Nicholson seemed like he could be a real life mob boss. Hell, even "Arec Baldwin" did a great job. :-b The producers did a great job of taking a very simple plot line and making it into a phenomenal movie. ;-D

9.5 out of 10

I know this shouldn't be a big deal at all, but while watching this movie, I could not get over Marky Mark's hair. It bugged the crap out of me during the whole movie. Still a good one though.

Good, I'm not the only one. We watched this last night. As far as creativity and lines go, this movie was great. Definitely did not like how it ended though, even if it was 'crafty'.

Spoiler Alert!

I just don't like when a story/movie builds up an image of a character that you end up rooting for and then kills him. Whatever happened to happy endings?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby sox 06 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:03 pm

Just saw Talladega Nights. I thought it was good, I'd say 8.5/10.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:52 pm

just saw reno 911 miami, I don't even watch the show, but I love stupid humor (as I'm sure most who actually watch the show do), and found myself laughing hysterically at many points in this only one hour-ish long movie. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:13 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
FBBVirgin wrote:

9.5 out of 10

Good, I'm not the only one. We watched this last night. As far as creativity and lines go, this movie was great. Definitely did not like how it ended though, even if it was 'crafty'.

Spoiler Alert!

I just don't like when a story/movie builds up an image of a character that you end up rooting for and then kills him. Whatever happened to happy endings?

There are happy endings in just about every movie; it's good to have some moderation. It also means that Hollywood can't make a sucky sequel. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Just watched True Romance, the unrated director's cut. For those who don't know, this was the 2nd movie Quentin Tarantino wrote (after one of my other favorites, Reservoir Dogs). I really like this movie and the unrated director's cut is awesome. I highly recommend this movie to all those who haven't seen it. It's a violent movie which should be expected by Tarantino. It's just an awesome movie with a lot of twists and turns. Plus, check out this cast! Some only have very small roles but still...what a cast!

Christian Slater
Patricia Arquette
Christopher Walken
Dennis Hopper
Gary Oldman
Brad Pitt
Val Kilmer
Michael Rapaport
Chris Penn
Tom Sizemore
Samuel L. Jackson
Bronson Pinchot
James Gandolfini
Jack Black (small part that only shows up in the deleted scenes)

If you like Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction but never saw True Romance, check it out. You won't be disappointed. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:43 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Just watched True Romance, the unrated director's cut. For those who don't know, this was the 2nd movie Quentin Tarantino wrote (after one of my other favorites, Reservoir Dogs). I really like this movie and the unrated director's cut is awesome. I highly recommend this movie to all those who haven't seen it. It's a violent movie which should be expected by Tarantino. It's just an awesome movie with a lot of twists and turns. Plus, check out this cast! Some only have very small roles but still...what a cast!

Christian Slater
Patricia Arquette
Christopher Walken
Dennis Hopper
Gary Oldman
Brad Pitt
Val Kilmer
Michael Rapaport
Chris Penn
Tom Sizemore
Samuel L. Jackson
Bronson Pinchot
James Gandolfini

If you like Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction but never saw True Romance, check it out. You won't be disappointed. ;-D

Geez, that's an incredible cast. 8-o
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:51 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Just watched True Romance, the unrated director's cut. For those who don't know, this was the 2nd movie Quentin Tarantino wrote (after one of my other favorites, Reservoir Dogs). I really like this movie and the unrated director's cut is awesome. I highly recommend this movie to all those who haven't seen it. It's a violent movie which should be expected by Tarantino. It's just an awesome movie with a lot of twists and turns. Plus, check out this cast! Some only have very small roles but still...what a cast!

Christian Slater
Patricia Arquette
Christopher Walken
Dennis Hopper
Gary Oldman
Brad Pitt
Val Kilmer
Michael Rapaport
Chris Penn
Tom Sizemore
Samuel L. Jackson
Bronson Pinchot
James Gandolfini

Geez, that's an incredible cast. 8-o

No doubt. It stars Slater & Arquette and like I said...some of the other actors have very small parts but that cast is unreal.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk