What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:50 am

Just saw World Trade Center. Incredible story, incredible movie. Also saw School for Scoundrels. Pretty good movie, but kind of dull.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:39 am

Watched Flags of our Fathers last night. It was tough to watch after reading the book. Interesting, because it was very accurate to the book, except for a couple things. I think they could have developed the fight on Iwo better, but it was a well done movie.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:25 am

I actually went to the movies over the weekend and saw The Number 23. The previews made it look kinda interesting and my girl kinda dragged me to it. What a waste of perfectly hard-earning money! The plot was redicously lame and and very cheesy at time. Jim did a decent job acting out a serious role but this movie just bad. It had some potential but I guess they wanted to make it stupid.. sorry for the rant if you liked the movie but I thought it was very weak. Beware...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:43 am

I saw thank you for smoking,
it was a good and entertaining funny movie, not side splitting but funny. good acting all round very decent movie 8-10
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:56 am

Watched Pan's Labyrinth the other night and I really enjoyed it....it's pretty much a fairy tale for adults. I thought it was interesting the way they had the "real life" story intertwined with the "fantasy" story. Suprisingly graphic at times, which I was not expecting at all! Definitely worth watching...very different, but entertaining.

Also watched Clerks II last night...pretty disappointed. I love the first one and I thought the second movie didn't capture any of the wit and "charm" that made the first one funny. It seemed like Kevin Smith didn't have any new material, but felt the pressure to make a sequel. Some things are better left alone.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I saw thank you for smoking,
it was a good and entertaining funny movie, not side splitting but funny. good acting all round very decent movie 8-10

You should read the book if you liked the movie. ;-D

I watched Smokin Aces the other night. Plot twist was pretty disappointing. Movie overall was pretty disappointing. I was hoping for more gunfights at least.
:*)
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:00 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:I saw thank you for smoking,

You should read the book if you liked the movie. ;-D

I watched Smokin Aces the other night. Plot twist was pretty disappointing. Movie overall was pretty disappointing. I was hoping for more gunfights at least.
:*)

Disappointing is an excellent word to sum up the entire movie. I heard a lot of good reviews going in, the previews looked sweet as hell, and the cast was stacked with stars from top to bottom. All fluff, no substance to all that potential. Lame, lame, lame.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:17 pm

Watched Academy Award winner "The Departed" the other night during the Oscars.

Very good movie, nice plot line and a great cast. ;-D

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:38 pm

The_Captain wrote:Watched Academy Award winner "The Departed" the other night during the Oscars.

Very good movie, nice plot line and a great cast. ;-D

From what I understand there's supposed to be a prequel and a sequel to this movie. Sequel, of course, featuring a lot more Markie Mark.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:46 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Just watched True Romance, the unrated director's cut. For those who don't know, this was the 2nd movie Quentin Tarantino wrote (after one of my other favorites, Reservoir Dogs). I really like this movie and the unrated director's cut is awesome. I highly recommend this movie to all those who haven't seen it. It's a violent movie which should be expected by Tarantino. It's just an awesome movie with a lot of twists and turns. Plus, check out this cast! Some only have very small roles but still...what a cast!

Christian Slater
Patricia Arquette
Christopher Walken
Dennis Hopper
Gary Oldman
Brad Pitt
Val Kilmer
Michael Rapaport
Chris Penn
Tom Sizemore
Samuel L. Jackson
Bronson Pinchot
James Gandolfini
Jack Black (small part that only shows up in the deleted scenes)

If you like Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction but never saw True Romance, check it out. You won't be disappointed. ;-D

Geez, that's an incredible cast. 8-o

No doubt. It stars Slater & Arquette and like I said...some of the other actors have very small parts but that cast is unreal.

The scene with Hopper and Walken is one of the best scenes ever in a movie....no doubt.
;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk