What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:18 am

I watched Ray over the weekend. I thought it was a great movie and elightened me to many things about Ray Charles life that i never knew

9/10
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:25 am

cardiac cats wrote:Just got back from seeing Black Snake Moan...

I give it an 8/10....Samuel L. Jackson gives an incredible performance as lazarus and Ms. Ricci does admirable as well. The movie and the characters just got under my skin, in a good way ;-D ........ oh yeah christina ricci is very, very sexy in this movie. Good stuff.

I also saw black snake moan, very powerful movie. Although i don't thing ricci is particularly good looking she doesn have a nice rack ;-D

I actually ended up seeing this cause ghost rider was about full and when we sat down in the very front right corner, i said there is no way i'm sitting here. so we walked around a bit and black snake had just started. I'm sure it's way better than ghost rider as a screen play. I give it 9/10. go see it you won't be dissapointed.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:24 pm

Attempted to watch Snakes on a Plane twice this weekend and got no more than 40 minutes into the movie before turning it off. I know it's supposed to be cheesy and all, but come on!!! Blech!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:26 pm

footballchick23 wrote:Attempted to watch Snakes on a Plane twice this weekend and got no more than 40 minutes into the movie before turning it off. I know it's supposed to be cheesy and all, but come on!!! Blech!

i didn't think it was that bad. of course i had my cheese glasses on so I was tolerating a lot. but sammy jack is the man. go see black snake moan it's the bomb
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:45 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:Attempted to watch Snakes on a Plane twice this weekend and got no more than 40 minutes into the movie before turning it off. I know it's supposed to be cheesy and all, but come on!!! Blech!

i didn't think it was that bad. of course i had my cheese glasses on so I was tolerating a lot. but sammy jack is the man. go see black snake moan it's the bomb

Thats the one with Christina Ricci, man from the previews she looks pretty hot in a white trash sort of way? I've always had a thing for her but kinda lost interest when she started getting super skinny. I think I may have a thing for her again though. ;-D

So it was a good flick? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:51 pm

yes black snake moan was a good one... Samuel L.'s character is awesome by the way. ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Captain » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:45 pm

My wife and I just finished watching "Facing the Giants" - and all I can say is what an incredible movie this is.

I am a man of faith and this movie caused me to reflect on my own faith and ponder how strong it is. Can this really happen from watching a movie? I believe it can. This was such a very captivating and thought provoking movie that I'm going to share it with my men's group.

I am strong enough to admit my eyes were not dry through most of this movie. This is a fantastic movie and one everyone should see.

9 / 10.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:47 pm

I agree Captain. I have seen that movie as well and I agree with all that you said. ;-D

Also, it is surprisingly well-done for a church doing the whole thing. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:59 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I agree Captain. I have seen that movie as well and I agree with all that you said. ;-D

I didn't know a church did the whole movie, but they did a fantastic job and their message was crystal clear and well delivered.

My men's group had a discussion two weeks ago about how our faith gets tested all the time and how we respond to those trials. This movie really fell in line with our discussion which has prompted me to take one of our Monday nights and watch this movie together.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 am

The_Captain wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I agree Captain. I have seen that movie as well and I agree with all that you said. ;-D

I didn't know a church did the whole movie, but they did a fantastic job and their message was crystal clear and well delivered.

My men's group had a discussion two weeks ago about how our faith gets tested all the time and how we respond to those trials. This movie really fell in line with our discussion which has prompted me to take one of our Monday nights and watch this movie together.

I heard that a church did it. I am sure they hired a production crew and stuff, but yeah, it was put on by a church. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk