What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:40 pm

I saw babel, and i must say i'm still confused.
I can't see how this nominated for best picture or won any awards.
it seemed so disjointed. what's the deal with the japanese girl story line what does that have to do with anything?
it wasn't a steaming pile but it wasn't all that.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:09 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I saw babel, and i must say i'm still confused.
it seemed so disjointed. what's the deal with the japanese girl story line what does that have to do with anything?

i thought it was good, plus you get to see her "hairy monster"...i guess it's message is that regardless of our language/culture we all deal with the same issues or something to that effect
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:52 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:I saw babel, and i must say i'm still confused.

i thought it was good, plus you get to see her "hairy monster"...i guess it's message is that regardless of our language/culture we all deal with the same issues or something to that effect

yeah i didn't get that message, and i can honestly say, i've never ever had to deal with any of those issues in the moive, nor do I know anyone who has.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:08 pm

Saw School for Scoundrels last night and was pleasantly surprised. Billy Bob Thornton isn't as annoying as some of his other movies and the rest of the cast is hilarious. Definitely some quoteworthy lines and classic scenes. 8/10
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FBBVirgin » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Watched Rocky last night...What a TERRIBLE movie. Absolutely terrible. It made Rocky V look like Citizen Kane.

Did Sly end up in prison? If so, throw away the keys so he doesn't continue to bury this "once-good" franchise even further!

Tonight- Blood Diamond
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:42 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:Watched Rocky last night...What a TERRIBLE movie. Absolutely terrible. It made Rocky V look like Citizen Kane.

Did Sly end up in prison? If so, throw away the keys so he doesn't continue to bury this "once-good" franchise even further!

Tonight- Blood Diamond

Yeah, that movie was pretty bad. I saw it a few weeks after it hit theaters cause there wasn't anything else and wasn't too impressed.

It was ok if it weren't for the fact that there had already been a ton of them. Didn't live up to the name.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:19 pm

FBBVirgin wrote:Watched Rocky last night...What a TERRIBLE movie. Absolutely terrible. It made Rocky V look like Citizen Kane.

Tonight- Blood Diamond

I really liked blood diamond. im not a big fan of Leo but i liked his character. At first I thought this was just going to be another movie trying to inform and convince people to take a side of a political issue, but it was really well made.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:30 pm

I refuse to see Blood Diamond...his accent in the trailers makes me want to pierce my ears with screwdrivers.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:50 pm

dgan wrote:I refuse to see Blood Diamond...his accent in the trailers makes me want to pierce my ears with screwdrivers.

I've read that his accent is fairly accurate for what his character is suppose to have. Blood Diamond was a good movie though.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:22 am

beanoX3 wrote:
dgan wrote:I refuse to see Blood Diamond...his accent in the trailers makes me want to pierce my ears with screwdrivers.

I've read that his accent is fairly accurate for what his character is suppose to have. Blood Diamond was a good movie though.

I wanted to watch Blood Diamond the other day, but got voted down 2 to 1 in favor of Eragon. :-[
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk