What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eagles21 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:41 pm

Saw "Flags of Our Fathers" yesterday. I liked it, but thought it could have been better. Very informtive though and it gives a real good story about the soldiers who raised the flag on Iwo Jima. If I had to rate it, i'd probably give it about a 7.5/10.

I heard "Letters from Iwo Jima" was better, might have to see this one too.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:53 pm

eagles21 wrote:Saw "Flags of Our Fathers" yesterday. I liked it, but thought it could have been better. Very informtive though and it gives a real good story about the soldiers who raised the flag on Iwo Jima. If I had to rate it, i'd probably give it about a 7.5/10.

I really liked that movie too. I thought, likeyou, it could have been better, especially with a little easier to follow storyline. It jumped around just a bit too much, but I still liked it a lot and would have to give it an 8 probably. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:04 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
eagles21 wrote:Saw "Flags of Our Fathers" yesterday. I liked it, but thought it could have been better. Very informtive though and it gives a real good story about the soldiers who raised the flag on Iwo Jima. If I had to rate it, i'd probably give it about a 7.5/10.

I really liked that movie too. I thought, likeyou, it could have been better, especially with a little easier to follow storyline. It jumped around just a bit too much, but I still liked it a lot and would have to give it an 8 probably. ;-D

Yeah, the thing that annoyed me was that I couldn't really make out who the characters were at some points, especially when they jumped to when they were all older.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:08 pm

eagles21 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Yeah, the thing that annoyed me was that I couldn't really make out who the characters were at some points, especially when they jumped to when they were all older.

Exactly. I wasn't keeping up with names very well and you sure couldn't tell by their faces due to the age differences. The story line wouldn't have been bad if you could've kept up with who was who.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:33 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
eagles21 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Exactly. I wasn't keeping up with names very well and you sure couldn't tell by their faces due to the age differences. The story line wouldn't have been bad if you could've kept up with who was who.

Either of you read the book first? I found it very easy to follow the movie after having read the book. I didn't even need to be introduced to the characters. Even Rene's girlfriend I recognized before she even spoke, so I thought they did an excellent job of selecting actors for the roles needed.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:20 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
eagles21 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Either of you read the book first? I found it very easy to follow the movie after having read the book. I didn't even need to be introduced to the characters. Even Rene's girlfriend I recognized before she even spoke, so I thought they did an excellent job of selecting actors for the roles needed.

No, I hadn't read the book first. That probably would have helped.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:32 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
eagles21 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

No, I hadn't read the book first. That probably would have helped.

You have to read the book joel. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:25 pm

SniperShot wrote:
The_Captain wrote:The wife and I watched "The Prestige" last night, with Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johannsen and Michael Caine. It was moderately interesting with a few intriguing twists and turns with an ending not quite predictable. All in all it wasn't bad, per se, but it's one I wouldn't have paid theater tickets prices to see.

6.5 / 10
Very interesting, I came in here to post comments about this exact movie. And you said exactly what I was going to say. I'd give it a 7.5/10 though mainly out of the overall plot and creative twists throughout.

As I was about 2/3 of the way through the movie, I really started disliking the way some characters were headed and how things unfolded. But by the time it was over I thought it was a decent movie all in all. I thought the ending was awesome. I usually see things coming in movies and this one got me which was awesome.

Still I was expecting to like it more based off of how cool the previews looked.

Yeah, it had good production value and actors. It was entertaining, better than the Illusionist. I'd give it a 7.5, a solid rental.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Saw The Departed -

Didn't care for the end, but overall an entertaining movie... so A list actors.

leonardo stole the movie, and for once I didn't mind Marky Mark in a movie.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
The_Captain wrote:The wife and I watched "The Prestige" last night, with Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johannsen and Michael Caine. It was moderately interesting with a few intriguing twists and turns with an ending not quite predictable. All in all it wasn't bad, per se, but it's one I wouldn't have paid theater tickets prices to see.

6.5 / 10
Very interesting, I came in here to post comments about this exact movie. And you said exactly what I was going to say. I'd give it a 7.5/10 though mainly out of the overall plot and creative twists throughout.

As I was about 2/3 of the way through the movie, I really started disliking the way some characters were headed and how things unfolded. But by the time it was over I thought it was a decent movie all in all. I thought the ending was awesome. I usually see things coming in movies and this one got me which was awesome.

Still I was expecting to like it more based off of how cool the previews looked.

Yeah, it had good production value and actors. It was entertaining, better than the Illusionist. I'd give it a 7.5, a solid rental.

I've seen both The Prestige and The Illusionist and I thought The Illusionist was the better movie. Both were decent though, nothing spectacular. But maybe it was because I expected a better battle between Wolverine and Batman than what was in the movie. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk