What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:01 am

I've watched a few movies this weekend...

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was alright. I think I liked it better than the first one (Chamber of Secrets was disappointing, methinks), but I haven't seen it in so long, I can't say for sure. I've never read the books, but my sister loves 'em and says the movie was pretty close. Plus, you just can't go wrong with Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman.

It's an okay movie, but if my sister didn't have all of these movies on DVD, I probably wouldn't have had the slightest interest to watch 'em. Nonetheless, still a solid way to burn a couple hours.

I also caught Hercules, another movie my sister had stashed with her Potter collection. I remember liking it when it first came out... James Woods kicks ass... that's about it. Nothing to really praise or slam about the movie.

I grabbed Cruel Intentions from my sisters collection, so hopefully I can get around to watching that in the next day or two. I could have watched Sideways today, but it would have been with my mom... and I don't think I'd feel comfortable watching that with her.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:11 am

Rented a couple classics (like I rent anything else)..

Pulp Fiction: Definitely cool to the extreme. Everything is put together so well, and the dialogue is always compelling and ice-cool. Quentin Tarantino is an awesome writer and director.. but man, does he suck at acting. Haha. Huge list of grade-A stars, but Samuel L. Jackson obviously stole the show. I want to order one of those bad mother wallets from the internet.. but I don't have a credit card, and it'd be kinda weird asking my mom to use hers. Haha!

On The Waterfront: "I coulda been a contender.." Awesome flick here. In my non-biased* opinion, Marlon Brando is probably the best actor of all time. Those blonde chicks in the old black and white movies always look so great to me too. Great story, had me hooked the whole way through.

*My biased opinion on the greatest actor should be known by now..
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:14 pm

saw Sin City recently and I agree with the dude above me... it's a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. Great stories, lots of carnage, star studded cast from top to bottom. The graphics and special effects and whatnot are some of the greatest I've ever seen. I really dug this movie.

overall 10 out of 10 ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:04 pm

Saw.. "Sideways" the other night....

Wasn't at all what I expected.. After I got over one part of Thomas Haden Church's character it was a really funny movie.

I can see why it was nominated for so many oscars and it is an inspiration to fellow independent filmmakers like myslef

But this movie isn't for everyone.....

I give it a 8.5 out of 10 ;-D
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:56 pm

Nilmerf wrote: Huge list of grade-A stars, but Samuel L. Jackson obviously stole the show. I want to order one of those bad mother wallets from the internet..

one of my favorite parts of the movie. i get a good laugh out of it every time. ;-D :-)

i watched the star wars: attack of the clones tonight. been watching them all again getting prepped for the release of the new one coming up. there are a lot of great scenes in this one i forgot about..and while a lot of people dont care for the newer ones, i think its actually pretty good. the love scenes with anakin and padme were kinda lame, but i understand its part of the story. at least they had jar jar in a limited role this time :-)

another note...the kid who played a young boba fett did an awesome job. he truly seemed evil.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:17 pm

I watched Finding Nemo again with my kiddo today...He loved it.

Except of course for him being a little scared in the first scene..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:03 am

Just watched the first 7 1/2 mins of "Full Metal Jacket" for the one billionth time!! ;-D

Man what a great movie! That first part when he names his maggots is freaking hilarious !! I use to be able to resite the whole thing..

Great movie all the way around.. the bathroom scene is one of the most intense scenes in movie history! And it is directed by one of the greatest of all time

If you haven't seen this one then check it out ;-D
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby Canacuna » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:42 am

The first half of Full Metal Jacket is awesome! ;-D For some reason, I just never really cared for the second half...

ANYWAY... I decided to watch Bad Boys II the other night. Yikes... that's two and a half (yeah, that's right) hours I'd like back. It's not a terrible movie, but there was a lot of stuff that didn't need to be there... there's a scene or two that I really enjoyed, but otherwise... eh.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby maddog60 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:27 am

Superman in Training wrote:Great movie all the way around.. the bathroom scene is one of the most intense scenes in movie history! And it is directed by one of the greatest of all time

Great movie, and classic cinema scene. My favorite part though still is where they whole group is getting interviewed, and Private Joker has a great deadspan delivery when responding to the reporters.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:39 am

Well, I was dragged to the theater this past weekend by the girlfriend and ended up seeing Fever Pitch. After my whining and moaning about trying to convince her to see Sin City I finally gave in and watched the movie. To my surprise it was actually a decent flick(I use the term decent loosly) It had its "girly parts" but it was equalled out by some funny guy stuff.

Overall - Good date movie to take the wifey/girly and you won't end up falling asleep either ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk