What movies did you see today? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What movies did you see today?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:43 am

I saw Blades of Glory yesterday. It was good, but the ending was so weird.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:24 am

[quote="cardiac cats"]just watched "Turistas"....

Turistas 4/10... can you say boring? For all its attempts to scare or create tension, this wannabe hostel is devoid of any real thrills or scares. The best things about the movie were a few hot chicks in skimpy bikinis- but I can find that elsewhere. No redeemable qualties for this movie(at least it was short), I'd recommend skipping this one. BOO :-[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I found it boring as well. They had a nice idea, but didn't take it far enough.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:41 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I saw Blades of Glory yesterday. It was good, but the ending was so weird.

i agree... the ending was a little ... yeah... but i liked it... 7 or 8 outta 10 ... i'd see it again
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:49 pm

I saw Love Reign O'er Me today. The soundtrack was great, as I love The Who as well as many other bands that had music in the movie. That being said, I thought the movie was ridiculously boring, and not worth seeing at all. Way below my expectations.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:42 am

Metroid wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:Children of Men 9/10 Now this is more like it. A grim and bleak vision of the future I must say. The acting is top notch(Owen and Caine particularly impress) and the action scenes make you feel like you're there- very gritty the camera work is insane. Every scene is this film has tons going on and little things to notice, good stuff. I have a sneaky feeling I'll enjoy this movie even more the next time I see it ;-D

WERD!!

I'd even give it a 9.5/10. I love the super long shots. Did you watch the extras on how they shot that chase scene where they were in the car driving in reverse? Freaking amazing. A lot of the camera work made it seem like you were there following the characters around. Awesome movie. ;-D

Just rented it... I'd give it an 8. The ending was a little lame. The movie seemed like a cross between V for Vendetta and 28 days.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:45 am

Saw the Boondock Saints <sp>

interesting film... I'd give it an 8. Mindless cursing though.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby treat24 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:30 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
Metroid wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:Children of Men 9/10 Now this is more like it. A grim and bleak vision of the future I must say. The acting is top notch(Owen and Caine particularly impress) and the action scenes make you feel like you're there- very gritty the camera work is insane. Every scene is this film has tons going on and little things to notice, good stuff. I have a sneaky feeling I'll enjoy this movie even more the next time I see it ;-D

WERD!!

I'd even give it a 9.5/10. I love the super long shots. Did you watch the extras on how they shot that chase scene where they were in the car driving in reverse? Freaking amazing. A lot of the camera work made it seem like you were there following the characters around. Awesome movie. ;-D

Just rented it... I'd give it an 8. The ending was a little lame. The movie seemed like a cross between V for Vendetta and 28 days.

the other 2 guys had me wanting to rent it... then you compare it to 2 movies that i thought sucked... hmmm... now i'm not sure
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:59 pm

treat24 wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:
Metroid wrote:

WERD!!

the other 2 guys had me wanting to rent it... then you compare it to 2 movies that i thought sucked... hmmm... now i'm not sure

If you didn't like those movies, wait for it to come out on TV.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Saw 300 in IMAX on Saturday. Absolutely incredible battle scenes, and some great lines as well. Overall, I give it 8.5/10
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Metroid » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Just got back from seeing 300, all I can say is HOLY CRAP! 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext